Visa Business Solutions - B2B Services group is part of Data & Product Development team in Visa’s Technology organization and is responsible for designing, developing and implementing Value Added Information Products and Services for Visa’s Commercial line of business globally. We develop, support and maintain various Commercial platforms including Commercial data processing, B2B payments, and data warehousing and BI platforms. This position will be based in Austin, Texas. The successful candidate will be a senior level Software Engineer.
This position is ideal for a talented software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Commercial B2B development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems. Sometimes you will be working on brand-new software solutions, and at other times, you may be refactoring existing functionality for high performance/availability and maintainability but always working on ways to provide better solutions to our customers.
The role is for a self-motivated individual with expert software engineering skills, extensive knowledge of Database systems (RDBMS) and a willingness to learn Big Data systems integration and technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including proof of concept development projects, design, documentation, development and testing of new functionality. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team’s needs. Agile Scrum is the dominant software development methodology and you will be working in a team environment.
Collaborate with project team members (Product Managers, Architects, Analysts, Developers, Project Managers, etc.) in order to ensure development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
Drive development effort End-to-End for on-time delivery of high quality solutions that conform to requirements, conform to the architectural vision, and comply with all applicable standards. Responsibilities span all phases of solution development including:
Solution development including coding and unit testing
Engagement in requirements definition and clarification in collaboration with Business to ensure completeness and common understanding; deep understanding of the business needs is important.
Collaboration and alignment with architects and senior technologists on architecture and design
Providing solid cost estimates for effort and time
Creating design documentation
Facilitating design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems.
Facilitating code reviews with team members and third party vendors.
The review and assessment of impact of proposed scope changes on assigned deliverables
Work with other engineering teams to facilitate a common approach to continuous integration that includes build automation, test automation, and deployment automation.
Collaborate with senior technical staff and PM to identify, document, plan contingency, track and manage risks and issues until all are resolved
Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2 or more years of work experience or more than 1 year of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Experience in C#, ASP.NET, Java, J2EE, UNIX/Linux, PL/SQL, Data Structures, Design Patterns, Optimizations, Object-Oriented design, Shell scripting
- Proficiency with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Experience with .NET or Core java basics and Algorithms, Multi-threading, Spring, Hibernate etc.
- Hands on experience in developing message based architecture and low latency applications
- Experience with application performance, memory management, and understand fundamentals of garbage collection.
- Experience with Spring MVC, Struts, JPA and Hibernate technologies.
- Experience in webservers like IIS, Tomcat, JWS, JBOSS.
- Expertise in Service Oriented Design & implementing RESTful APIs, JSON, Web services and XML
- Strong knowledge and working experience in relational database technology: SQL, JDBC, Oracle
- Experience with NoSQL database systems like MongoDB
- Experience with Web Services (JAX-RPC, JAX-WS, JAXB, REST/XML-over-HTTP, SOAP, WSDL)
- Agile Scrum development experience is preferred
- Design, Code, document and implement new applications as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements, and corrections to existing applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/JEE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Create unit test cases and automated regression testing test cases
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Conduct code reviews, as requested, to comply with coding standards
- Build working relationships with global and virtual teams on software development
Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer - Accounts