Reporting to the Global Head of Design at Visa, this newly created design leadership role is responsible for partnering with design, product, innovation, and consulting stakeholders across the organization to spear-head a client-facing consultative design practice at Visa. As the Head of Design Agency Services, this inspirational leader will be a passionate champion for customer experience and maintain a nuanced understanding of industry leading digital payment and commerce trends. The role is responsible for promoting the value of design, user experience, and Visa capabilities in order to engage stakeholder, define engagements, and deliver industry-leading innovative product design outcomes for Visa and our clients (Fortune 500). This individual will be a key member of Visa’s global design leadership team.
The Head of Agency Design Services will develop, lead, and drive a dynamic and diverse team of designers, effectively engaging cross-functional partners to grow our client’s businesses through a B2B2C lens. This individual will establish a scalable, high-impact client engagement model, from initial research and discovery, hands-on design and prototyping, client workshopping and on to final deliverable creation and delivery. In addition to producing flawless, delightful, and differentiated experiences across platforms and devices, this role is responsible for creating alignment, focus, and accountability between a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders (including c-suite partners) through the engagement lifecycle to ensure maximum value is generated for all involved.
- Establish and lead a strategic operating model for Visa’s client facing consultative design practice
- Lead and manage all agency related activities with an emphasis on quality, timeliness, and expert solutions in alignment with broader organizational strategy
- Deliver client-facing design sprints with best-in-class outcomes in the areas of UX design, design strategy, co-creations, rapid prototyping, research, validation, strategy, service design, repeatable product plays, videos, presentations, etc.
- Provide strategic design support for Visa client RFPs and SOWs that drive consulting and design services revenue, and support experiential design activations for client tours, and occasional internal design needs as required
- Develop strong collaborative partnerships with key stakeholders across the company, including regional business leadership, accounts teams, core product, go-to-market, and design operations in order to effectively deliver against goals
- Maintain a well-informed position on Visa’s products, platforms, and services in order to expertly increase client awareness of relevant capabilities in partnership with regional product teams
- Champion a design culture that raises the bar on performance, expectations, and outcomes to deliver outsized impact to clients and to Visa
- Help establish Visa's position as the industry-leader in product and experience design within the payment industry by developing externally facing case studies and experience design trend thought leadership content
- This role will be managing bi-costal teams in San Francisco and NY, travel is required as needed
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MFA/MBA) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- Masters/MFA/MBA preferred
- 15+ years experience , with minimum 8+ years in a leadership role at an agency or other consultative design practice
- Master facilitator with c-suite experience, demonstrating excellence in presentation polish, strong client orientation, and ability to train others in the same
- Proven leadership skills in developing and mentoring a world class client-facing design team, and a track record of motivating teams to deliver against strategic business and product design goals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with deep confidence in craft coupled with humility and openness to trying new approaches
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple high-visibility projects
- Fluent across the entire spectrum of Design - design thinking/human-centered design, design research, service design, prototyping, UI/UX, and design delivery.
- Expert in key design software and prototyping (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision,) and proficiency in HTML/JS/CSS, video, and product management tools a plus
- Payment industry experience required
- Incumbent must make themselves available onsite during core business hours and occasional regional calls as needed.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work as needed up to 50% of the time
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.