In order for Visa to deliver on the version of the best way to pay be paid for everyone, everywhere, the Operations & Infrastructure team must provide best-in-class infrastructure services that are secure, scalable, continuously available, and run on software-defined infrastructures. The O&I team is charged with building, operating, and maintaining secure and reliable data centers, systems and networks to support the business functionality that Visa provides to payment industry stakeholders. This position would include the installation and maintenance of computer hardware equipment, and the management of vendors associated with this equipment.
- Manage mainframe and storage hardware on Data Center floor
- Manage hardware vendors by providing schedule coordination and escorting for vendor activity
- Perform hardware installs, upgrades, cabling installs, and decomissions.
- Partner with engineering teams to develop and manage hardware-related activities
- Work with internal DCIM and Asset Management teams to ensure hardware physical movement is properly documented.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Working knowledge of production hardware support processes such as incident/change/problem management and escalation procedures
- Working knowledge of Mainframe hardware such as IBM, Hitachi Data Systems, Cisco, etc.
Strong ability to collaborate
Highly driven and resourceful
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as be available to support 24/7 with scheduled projects and triaging issues.
- This position may require the incumbent to travel 4% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.