This position is an individual contributor role reporting to the Sr. Director of Open Systems Application Development. The successful candidate will be part of a team to design and develop complex SQL queries, stored procedures, reports, and perform unit and integration testing on newly developed components. Candidate will assist with troubleshooting and resolving defects during the software development life cycle. Candidate will interface directly with staff members of Development, Product Management, Project Management, and Quality Assurance.
- Analyze and develop applications using SQL Server 2012 and above. This includes but is not limited to stored procedures, views, table maintenance, and SSIS.
- Design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as enhancements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Develop unit-tests and oversee execution.
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Work as part of a development team and establish close working relationships with stake holders, quality assurance, architects, as well as management.
- Prepare design documents; evaluate and recommend solutions to meet user requirements; define and implement solutions.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Microsoft SQL Server databases (2012 and above).
- Minimum of 3 or more years of experience with database design.
- Experience with .Net CLR.
- Extensive familiarity with Windows operating system administration
- Experience with Localization / Internationalization of web applications.
- Development experience in a cross-platform, multi-tier environment.
- Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines.
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to present complex ideas and document in a clear and concise way.
- Quick learner; self-starter, detailed and thorough.
- Must have experience in all phases of software development life cycle including project management, functional requirements definition, technical design, development, testing, quality assurance, system certification, systems implementation and system validation.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.