The Vice President, GM of Visa DPS Digital Issuer Processing is responsible for leading the acceleration, launch, and successful global expansion of a new business line for Visa DPS.
Visa DPS is the leading global issuer processor of Visa transactions in the world. Please see Visa.com/DPS for more information.
The new DPS Digital Issuer Processing solution business is an API based, “fit for purpose” platform, built modularly to support multiple digital and Fintech use cases, including neobanks, installments, POS lending, GIG economy constructs, digital wallets, real time payments, etc. The GM will act as the “general manager”, focused on all aspects of the business to drive results that deliver on the multi-year P&L objectives, including talent hiring and management, culture, technology, business development, client support, strategy, reporting, innovation, and operational excellence. The successful candidate will be managing a new business for Visa DPS delivering on a robust backlog to extend capabilities while expanding the new Visa DPS digital issuer processing business to take advantage of new opportunities, domestically in North America, and globally based on the best market / use cases. Additionally, this new platform will be called to build modular solutions that can be repurposed to support Visa Inc. product strategies. The GM will continually manage prioritization to balance product development, P&L, client support, and Visa Inc. product enablement.
This is a unique opportunity for an executive to join our team to launch a new digital issuer processing business with the initial infrastructure, team, platform, and investment already in place, with full top Visa executive alignment on the strategic opportunity and objectives. Further, this position provides a “greenfield” opportunity for the leader to shape and refine the roadmap, approach, go-to-market, and future vision for this new business.
This position will report directly to the Senior Vice President of Visa DPS and will be located in Denver.
- Serve as the key executive leader and SME for DPS Forward, delivering on P&L objectives for this new business initiative.
- Build team and culture to operate in a diverse and inclusive, agile, transformative way, with a focus on speed of delivery, quality, innovation, and client success.
- Inspire team, to deliver the best solution to meet the best opportunities in the evolving digital payments ecosystem. Serve as industry spokesperson, building the brand globally.
- Be 100% accountable and represent the business internally and externally, with energy, enthusiasm, clarity of direction, sagacity, and curiosity to continually improve KPIs and client performance.
- Develop and manage go to market strategy, focusing on the best use cases, global market prioritization, and Visa Inc. enablement opportunities.
- Continually manage complex prioritization of extensive backlog balancing multiple stakeholders and objectives – sometimes conflicting. Continually enhance strategy, objectives and a 3-year roadmap to serve as a differentiator in winning new client deals, informed by global industry trends, Visa priorities, client business needs, and changing competitive landscape.
- Oversee product development lifecycle. Lead teams to ensure the product, enhancement, and technology requests meet the business needs and are rolled-out as designed, while also managing the correction of any defects / issues.
- Develop product positioning and messaging, set direction for marketing and sales plans, and develop collateral and sales materials.
- Provide senior management support to assist with key client, and signature client business sales.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 8 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15 years' experience with and Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, PhD)
- Typically requires 15+ years of leadership experience in payments systems and processing solutions management with specific relevant knowledge of issuer processing and network business, as well as experience managing a P&L and budget, accurately forecasting sources of cost, revenue and risk with an ability to summarize business and financial data in a useful manner for planning and decision making
- Strong people leader, building and managing a diverse, talented, curious, driven, and developing team aligned to succeed – with a focus on delivering financial results by serving the client first.
- Experienced collaborator at all levels, effectively managing through challenges to reach the best outcome
- Extensive knowledge in software development and agile methodologies, partnering closely “as one” with product and technology.
- Experience managing and developing global products and solutions
- Demonstrated success in managing existing product sets, while developing net-new products and services and executing on go to market initiatives
- Results-oriented leader; analytic and fact-based consultative discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to establish effective relationships with all levels including executive and C-level management
- Ability to effectively manage during crisis events
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work up to 25% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.