Reporting to the Director of Unified Communication, this role provides engineering support to our global users, for Voice and Video related services. The successful candidate will work with our existing Streaming Platform and leverage our Cisco Telepresence Video solution alongside AV technology for a complete end to end streaming environment. The candidate will need to have had experience deploying global streaming solutions in a secure envrionment for internal, external and mobile audiences.
The candidate will collaborate with engineering, operations and development teams to ensure that the end user experience is exceptional.
- Plan, implement, and provide ongoing escalation support for the following products and services: CMS (Acano), Polycom and Cisco video conferencing endpoints, CDN's, Streaming Platform, Encoders, Transcoders, AV production technology, Content Management Systems.
- Provide basic project coordination for in-house projects to ensure they adhere to company policy, are completed on time and within budget, meet the deliverables of the project while following change control procedures.
- Provide third level problem resolution support as necessary to achieve or exceed voice/video network and system service level commitments. In addition, provide limited second tier technical support that may require periodic 24X7 immediate response times.
- Assist in the production of webcast / video streaming and video conference global meetings, cultural events and training seminars.
- Build and maintain relationships with global and virtual teams and third parties on deployment or support issues.
- Demonstrate the ability to work successfully with diverse cultures while accommodating global time zone constraints.
- Participate fully in the development, testing and QA functions to ensure that projects are securely delivered and fulfill expectations.
- Provide technical consultancy to operations, engineering team members and end users to ensure problem resolution is achieved in the shortest possible timeframe.
- Work with the Information Security Office to ensure solutions deployed meet Visa Security Requirements, provide technical assistance for investigation and analysis of security alerts
and maintain system security for voice and video systems.
Minimum 3 years experience in voice and video and AV technologies with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Cisco certifications are highly desirable.
- High level of competence in the following: Cisco video endpoints, Cisco video bridging infrastructure, and Cisco TelePresence. AV technologies, Streaming Solutions and CDN experience is preferred.
- A conceptual understanding of basic routing/switching/QOS, firewalls and its potential impact on voice, video and web streaming network environments.
- Good understanding of live event workflow with AV switches and routers
- Strong process orientation and proven planning, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, facilitation and leadership skills along with effective oral/written communication skills.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users. Staying calm under pressure.
- Experience leading technology deployments on moderately complex cross regional projects, including planning, documentation, and implementation.
- Demonstrated ability to systematically troubleshoot problems in complex voice and video environments.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments in an environment that requires multitasking among multiple concurrent projects while also handling interruptions.
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.