Staff- Software Engineer (Java or .Net core skills) - Data Product Development
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
This position is ideal for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about solving challenging business problems and building applications that provide an excellent user experience. You will be an integral part of the Loyalty and Marketing development team focusing on design and build of software solutions that leverage data to solve business problems.
This role is for a self-motivated individual with excellent software engineering skills and expertise in Java/J2EE, and Web Services technologies. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and testing. Candidate must be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs, and should be capable to work across the layers and technologies stack. This position reports to a Director of Visa Marketing Services in Foster City, CA and will be based in Foster City, CA.
- Lead the design, development and implementation of various initiatives and take the ownership to deliver the business functionalities.
- Design, develop mission-critical systems, delivering high-availabily and performance
- Work on development of new products iteratively by building quick POCs and converting ideas into real products.
- Develop high quality code, participate in code reviews and mentor junior developers also to ensure the deliveries on time, within budget, and with good code quality using all proactive code validation techniques.
- Have a passion for delivering zero defect code and be responsible for ensuring the team's deliverables meet or exceed the prescribed defect SLA.
- Coordinate and participate in Continuous Integration activities, automation frameworks for testing and deployments, and other related items in addition to contributing to core product code.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or relevant field required.
OR 6+ years of experience in Core Java/J2EE technologies Web Services technologies like Spring MVC, Hibernate, SOAP and REST APIs a plus.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design optimized for building highly distributed and parallelized systems.
- Hands on experience in
- Capabilities with configuration of SQL Server and IIS a plus.
- Technical expertise in database concepts, T-SQL, Stored procedures & Triggers, Reporting Services (SSRS) and Integration Services (SSIS).
- Hands-on experience in developing and supporting business applications for large corporations.
- Must be very proficient in latest application development technologies, tools, databases and methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills is must.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and change direction mid-course based on business drivers.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a complex organization to determine business and customer needs, providing the best solution to meet those needs.
- Ability to work independently in a high throughput environment
- Candidate must have experience working with internal Product Owners to build and develop products.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.