The Consumer Products team is responsible for developing and enhancing the performance of consumer centric solutions that drive card issuance, activation and usage across channels.
The team operates cross functionally (i.e. Digital, Business Development, Marketing, Risk, Performance Solution, Merchant, and Finance Teams) to deliver best in class value product constructs and portfolio optimization.
The Director of Consumer Debit is a unique position as he/she will lead the next generation of portfolio management activities and the co-creation of new Debit products that attend to the current and emerging payment needs for Consumers, Issuers and Merchants.
Key to the role will be the ability to carry complex data analysis, think strategically, formulate and problem solve, articulate and manage project plans, and take risks.
- Portfolio Management: Carry performance-driven analysis to recognize opportunities at market/issuer level to enhance products’ lifecycle (i.e. activation, utilization, and upgrades). Establish actionable plans to increase products’ activations across consumers’ segments and issuers’ portfolio. Engage with issuers in product ideation, co-creations. Define, document and share best practices; both internally and externally, that supports market needs with actionable and relevant insights.
- Business Optimization: Define strategies and lead execution of revenue generating / improvement opportunities (internal and external). This includes sizing and prioritizing activities with a clear understanding of the debit card business model, market dynamics, competitive environment, and Visa capabilities.
- Product Development: Draw well-integrated segment centric product constructs comprising applicable features, functionalities and benefits. Formulate product performance considerations, assess competitive positioning, and stablish pricing. Identify trends that will drive progression of features, benefits, and product life cycle. Integrate marketing initiatives, emerging payments, features and benefits delivery, and educational materials into the go to market strategy.
- Customer Experience: advocate for consumers in every of the products’ touch points including features, benefits, and service delivery.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or
- 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or
- 3 years of experience with a PhD.
- 6 years of business experience, with a minimum of 3 years involved in Finance or Business Planning
- Global or multi-national business experience strongly preferred
- Strong academic credentials, with relevant degree in Finance/Business
- Must be team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible, with excellent presentation skills, including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Working knowledge of financial analysis, data analytics
- Experience and knowledge of the cards and payments
- Knowledge of CEMEA markets
- Analytical skills with ability to solve complex problems and execute on solutions
- High degree of proficiency in Excel
- Excellent project management skills, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day to day activities
- Relationship management skills
- Experience in presenting ideas and thoughts to senior level leaders
- Strong business sense with ability to understand multi-dimensional business problems and develop innovative and practical solutions to deliver superior business results
- Proven skills in translating analytics output to actionable recommendations, and delivery
- Must have full command of the English and Spanish language
- Working with functional and Country Leaders, supports the annual planning and quarterly forecasting processes
- Reconciles plans with actual financial performance on a monthly basis and prepares regular management reports on results
- Builds and maintains strong and timely MIS/dashboards to the Product team to contribute to the analysis of performance on key metrics to identify areas of focus/opportunity/growth and profitability
- Contributes to robust business cases and optimized product investments through review, analysis and challenge to ensure business assumptions are valid
- Applies analytics to business problems, interpreting and distributing results
- Contributes to maintain a robust control environment in terms of data protection, quality standards, compliance with bench-marking and disclosure rules.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.