Chief Software Engineer (REF21416V) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa is seeking a Chief Software Engineer for the Visa Direct and Real Time Payments Product Development teams. This individual will act as one of the key technology leaders within the organization to provide oversight in building the next generation payments platform for moving funds across various account types (cards, bank accounts, wallets) as well as providing value added services based on local market needs.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide Architectural leadership and technical vision for Visa Direct and Real Time Payments products and services.
- Apply creative thinking/approach to determine technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind security, performance, reliability, scalability, usability, flexibility, and cost. - Essentially define and drive technology standard and best practices for this product development organization
- Develop and maintain architectural roadmap for products and services while ensuring alignment with the business and enterprise architecture strategies and standards. Able to develop, present and explain the value and vision of proposed architectures and solutions to a wide range of audience.
- Develop strategies to meet business objectives with existing or emerging technologies and articulate technology solutions as well as explain the competitive advantages of various technology alternatives.
- Oversee and sign-off key architecture artifacts in the group.
- Build relationships with key architects across technology organizations and collaborate on promoting architectural best practices across technology.
- Drive internal proof of concept initiatives. When needed, quickly design and implement a prototype of a system or component with a proper architecture, and then hand over to (may lead) a small group of developers to finish.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experienced technology leader with a minimum of 15+ years of software development experience including 5+ years of application architecture experience with deep technology expertise in the following:-
- Extensive experience on architecture design of large-scale platforms and application
- Strong understanding and working experience in Distributed Web Architecture – should have experience with service registry, container architecture, distributed caching, streaming apps, NoSQL and RDBMS
- Hands-on understanding of architecture and operations of highly available and scalable web service
- Expertise with the Java 8 platform or higher, Spring, Vertx, Akka framework or similar
- Experience in building Microservices, specifically with HTTP, REST, JSON and XML
- Experience in Advanced Java Script or Angular or React
- Sound understanding of Service and IT operations management and DevOps model, good knowledge of deployment and capacity planning
- Strong understanding of Enterprise Integrations using web services and REST
- Understand the Security requirements and standards and contemporary trends in Security risks as well as technologies
- Experience with agile development process
Nice to Have
- Domain experience in Payment Technologies
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 15% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer - Reliability