Client Services works with issuers, acquirers, processors, and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver on our commitment to be the best way to pay and be paid. To deliver on this critical mission as incidents occur, we must manage these to conclusion in the most expedient way possible. Reporting to the Head of Global Service Excellence, and partnering with the Operational Resilience and Technology leadership teams, this Director role is responsible for providing leadership, oversight, direction and is primary point of contact for all aspects of Incident and Crisis Management within Client Services. The role requires keen insight into trends and best practices from both a technology and client service perspective. Additionally, this role will be responsible for improving the regional experience of our clients, both before and following an incident, and collaborating with functions and partners across the globe to ensure alignment.
The role works independently, based in Ashburn with requirement for occasional travel.
- Accountable for Client Services Incident Management global processes and procedures across all business lanes
- Influence strategy, integration and coordination to multiple, cross-functional projects.
- Overall planning, directing and oversight responsibility of multiple projects, products, services or functions typically requiring the utilization or management of resources across multiple departments or functional areas globally
- Post incident, working with cross functions areas globally to determine, implement and communicate opportunities to improve the client experience and/or, operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Document and provide client facing teams with executive summaries; collaborating with stakeholders to ensure initial cause; and improvement initiatives are understood
- Build database of incidents to determine key system/client/product inter-dependencies in order to better determine key questions and downstream impacts as incidents occur
- Identify and maintain key relationships with internal and external senior stakeholders
- Capable of developing and maintaining trusted partnerships including the ability to work with users of many technical skill levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, with the ability to translate technical information to non-technical audiences in tight timelines
- The ability to analyze information, prioritize and make informed decisions under pressure
- Solve complex problems while being able to articulate complex terms to stakeholders at all levels within the organization, including our client facing teams
- Challenge the status quo, debate existing ways of working, provide innovative solutions across all aspects of incident management
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work
- experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of
- work experience with a PhD
- Experience in leading/matrix management of dynamic and multi-cultural teams, with shifting priorities in delivering commitments
- Proven strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally at all levels both internally and externally to the organisation. This includes the proven ability to articulate complex problems in a non-complex way, demonstrating the need and value of driving change
- Professional writing skills
- Ability to work accurately with a sense of urgency, delivering to tight deadlines
- Advanced level of Microsoft office products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10 years payment industry (or similar) experience required, preferably in a client facing role
Work hours: 8 Hours / 5 Days per week
Travel: Position might require occasional travel for training or team meetings -
Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.