Senior Financial Analyst – Technology FP&A – Capital & Project Investment
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional to be the finance lead for the Global Technology Operations & Infrastructure Capital and Project Investment planning area. This entails partnering with the Technology and Project Management teams to have a deep understanding of infrastructure investments, its tie-in to Technology/Visa strategy and project execution.
This position has direct access and exposure to Finance and Technology leadership and participates in the analysis, preparation, and presentation of key business drivers and financial results used by leadership teams. While financial analysis is an important component of the job, the emphasis is on applying overall analytical skills and experience to become a highly valued business partner.
- Partner with Technology team to manage overall Capital planning, reporting and analysis process
- Create and obtain cash-based input from Technology team to model and reflect P&L impact in financial systems
- Responsible for providing financial planning and analysis support to Visa’s Global Technology Organization – Operations & Infrastructure team
- Provide standardized reporting for the Operations & Infrastructure team
- Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders (i.e. executives and staff) and serve as a key point of contact for finance guidance and related discussions
- Proactively communicate business implications observed from analysis and contribute ideas and solutions to business challenges / problems; provide insight though analysis
- Lead the coordination, organization and execution of budgeting/forecasting, monthly closing, reporting and business case development
- Proactively identify and lead opportunities for process improvements and simplification
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- BS or BA in a technical field (Accounting, Finance, Engineering, etc.) with at least 5 years of experience and progressively increasing responsibility
- MBA in Finance from leading business school or equivalent highly preferred
- Experience in Fortune 1000 technology, financial services or manufacturing firm preferred
- Highly articulate and influential written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply relevant financial theory and analysis for valuing alternatives and developing financial models
- Collaborative & inclusive with all levels of management in a matrix organization structure
- Proactive, resourceful, and creative in fully utilizing available resources and data to provide insightful analysis
- Thrives in an environment that is fast-paced, rapidly changing, and customer service-oriented
- Understands sub-ledgers, operating systems and databases and how they relate to the General Ledger
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint and experience in Hyperion or similar enterprise reporting and forecasting tool
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Manager, Real Estate Transactions
Knotel, Knotel SF