Senior Director, Corporate Strategy - Marketplace and Competitive Insights
Visa, San Francisco CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Senior Director will be a member of Visa's Strategy Team, leading Marketplace & Competitive Insights. This is not an intelligence gathering role. He / she will be responsible for leading corporate strategy projects and developing actionable recommendations in response to marketplace and competitor moves. Projects will span Visa Inc.'s corporate strategy, business development, and corporate strategic initiatives. The position will be based in the San Francisco Bay Area with some travel expected.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Master’s / MBA/ PhD)
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience
- 12 to 15 years total experience with 5+ years of post-graduate experience in management consulting or corporate strategy preferred
- Experience in and/or significant exposure to the payments industry preferred
- Ability to independently lead and manage projects with multiple workstreams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of functional business problems
- Ability to structure and manage complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, attention to detail and ability to structure and analyze sophisticated financial modeling
- Experience working with economic theories, strategic and prioritization frameworks, scenarios analysis, and competitive assessments. Knowledge of payment industry is highly preferred.
- Lead major project workstreams related to Visa Inc.'s corporate strategy, marketplace & competitive intelligence, business development, or corporate initiatives
- Structure and solve business problems, collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal stakeholders to make recommendations on a wide range of business issues. Build out unique, creative and impactful solutions by integrating insights across Visa's many expert functional resources and supporting collaborative solution development
- Develop rigorous, fact based, quantitative analysis to support recommendations. Ensure strategic and financial soundness and alignment for any recommendations
- Work closely with cross-functional and regional management teams on strategic projects, bringing timely and useful insight and analytical support
- Communicate recommendations to senior management, other executive, functional, or regional staff and management in a clear, concise and impactful way
- Provide continuous coaching and training to strategy teams
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment (phones and computers), reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent may be required to travel 10-20% domestically and internationally.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Associate Scientist I, Analytical Development
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Project Analyst, Audience
Lucid, New Orleans