Visa Core Design is seeking a Staff Accessibility Researcherwith significant experience in WCAG 2.0/2.1 website/app, mobile web, and native mobile testing & analysis to consult with teams working to make accessible consumer-facing payment tools and applications. This position will be the key accessibility SME for product development teams and will not only test, solve, and consult on accessibility issues at all stages of the lifecycle, but will work with the team to mature this capability, providing training and organizational process improvement support.
The ideal candidate thrives in a work environment that requires strong independent problem-solving skills, self-direction, and innovative thinking coupled with an aptitude and affinity for team collaboration and open communication. This individual is both highly analytical as well as highly creative, and consistently demonstrates superb design, writing and presentation skills. This individual actively fosters collaboration both inside and outside the team, evangelizes and promotes inclusive experiences within the company, and can juggle several high-level projects while delivering A-level work on all of them.
Exercises independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor. Will need to collaborate with and influence staff in all roles and at all levels within the team.
6 years of relevant experience with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, or 4 years with Master’s degree, demonstrable expertise in accessibility (Section 508/WCAG) analysis, design, and testing as well as working with teams to bring about improvements in process and effectiveness.
· Strong subject matter expertise in WCAG 2.0/2.1, Section 508, ADA, other accessibility laws and standards
· Demonstrable experience helping teams evolve from no accessibility to strong, sustained accessibility built into their structure, process, culture, and products.
· Subject Matter Expertise in ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications)
· Experience using common accessibility testing tools as well as Screen Readers such as JAWS, NVDA, Talkback & Voiceover
· Experience with web and native mobile accessibility
· Passion for making websites and applications accessible to all users
· Thorough, methodical, and creative with extreme attention to detail
· Expert at time management as well as working & finding answers to questions independently
· Extremely strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills, must be able to communicate clearly, be easily understood, and build rapport with others easily.
· Understanding of SDLC and the technical and business challenges that come with development of a product
· Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes and wireframes
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.