Payments and commerce are undergoing dramatic transformations globally and in every market in which Visa operates, driven by profound changes in consumer and merchant expectations, technology, data and regulations. This is leading to an accelerated shift to digital commerce, the rise of FinTech’s and large digital platforms, and the proliferation of entirely new payments use cases and flows. As a result, under the leadership of its Chief Product Officer, Visa has been investing to develop a significantly expanded set of products, platforms and partnerships, working backward from needs and opportunities of the broader global commerce ecosystem.
We are seeking rock-star candidates who want to make a significant impact on the future of Visa and global commerce. Reporting to the leader of Global Product Delivery, this role will support the Chief Product Officer and the Product Leadership Team to define, develop and communicate the long-term product strategy for Visa on a global basis. This is a highly visible and impactful role within Visa’s product organization, where you will get to work with some of the most forward-leaning and innovative leaders in payments.
The ideal candidate will be a highly structured, integrated and analytical thinker with excellent interpersonal skills, high intellectual curiosity and a passion for shaping the future of payments and commerce. You excel in isolating signal from noise and communicating complex concepts in compelling and actionable ways to senior audiences. You relish the opportunity to roll up your sleeves to understand critical details when needed.
- Work with the Product Leadership Team to define, develop and communicate the long-term product strategy for Visa on a global basis
- Develop deep understanding of trends reshaping payments and commerce globally (such as Real-Time Payments, Open Banking and Distributed Ledger Technologies) and translate them into actionable recommendations around Visa’s product strategy
- Develop market- and customer-driven narratives around Visa’s products globally and across all regionals, to be used internally and with clients
- Drive and support strategy projects and initiatives around cross-product and “white space” product opportunities
- Support the Chief Product Officer and the Product Leadership Team on ad-hoc product strategy presentations and initiatives
- Package strategic and analytical insights into clear, concise and "executive-ready" presentations
- Develop and implement analytical frameworks to monitor and optimize the business impact of product strategy initiatives
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD,MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 3+ years of experience in quantitative analysis
- Experience at leading management consulting firm and/or within a top-tier internal strategy/venture capital group
- Experience operating in an agile environment, embracing change and ambiguity in an ecosystem that is rapidly evolving
- Experience with product strategy and/or product development
- Passionate and excited about the opportunity to transform payments working for the industry leader
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills (including PowerPoint)
- Strong ability to think creatively to solve problems with customer at the center
- Strong understanding of the payments ecosystem including key players, value chains and economics
- Strong understanding of how digital technology is reshaping payments and adjacent industries
- Strong understanding of the FinTech ecosystem
- Best-in-class analytical capabilities: top-notch quantitative, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Skilled at explaining complex business and technical concepts to broad audiences in an approachable way
- Must be available during regular business hours with flexibility to accommodate global time zones.
- This position may require travel for work up to 10-20% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sales Development Representative - EMEA