The successful candidate will be working in the Gateway Services Development team which is part of the Network Processing organization. This team is responsible for the ownership, development, and support of the Visa Message Gateway (VMG) and Extended Access (EA) systems. These systems provide Visa clients (acquirers and issuers) access into VisaNet by routing financial traffic to the VisaNet Integrated Payment (VIP) and Clearing & Settlement systems. VMG and EA are engineered to be highly available, with superlative performance and reliability. The candidate should be a motivated self-starter and quick learner.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical disciplineor at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree.
- 4+ years of Java experience is required. The candidate must have excellent Java programming skills.
- 4+ years of experience in developing Unix-based software (Linux preferred) including scripting (Python, Shell, Perl, etc.) is required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills are a pre-requisite.
- At least 7+ years of professional experience in object oriented analysis, design and development.
- Experience should include developing back-end applications including multi-process and multi-threaded architectures.
- 7+ years of experience with industry standard tools and frameworks such as Ant, JUnit, log4j and others is highly desired.
- Any experience in C++ and TCP/IP (i.e. socket based programming) is a strong plus.
- A good understanding of File Transfer Protocols (FTPS/SFTP), Web Services, HTTP/HTTPs and RESTful API will be helpful.
- Experience with industry source code management tools: Git, Jira, etc.
- Any experience with Go Language, Big Data/Relational Databases, and Machine Learning are a plus.
Work on the design and coding of complex mission-critical systems.
Collaborate with other engineers to develop flexible cost effective solutions to tactical and strategic business requirements.
Formally specify and document detailed design using object oriented design paradigm.
Code application and system components covering one or more of the following areas: user interface, business functions, database, security and others.
Implement automated tests into a test framework that verify the application and system.
Provide support to the QA and Production Support Teams.
Participate in design and code reviews to ensure that high quality work is delivered.
Champion software development best practices such as software development standards, code reviews, secure coding practices, integration test etc.
Coordinate with other groups such as QA & Production Support to work towards the common goal
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.