The Director will support the Visa Ready program, one of the partnership programs within the Fintech and digital partnerships group. By creating standards and evaluating vendors, the Visa Ready Program facilitates the adoption of innovative payment solutions benefiting Visa issuers, acquirers, merchants, and cardholders. This director will be responsible for the Urban Mobility program—deepening key relationships with transit solution providers and building a programmatic approach to drive adoption of open loop transit systems globally. Mass transit represents a large opportunity for payment volume, and the Director will be critical in driving this strategic initiative.
- Identifying and engaging open loop transit technology providers, and qualifying them as “Visa Ready” partners
- Defining and executing the overall Visa Ready for Transit strategy to scale open-loop mass transit solutions in markets globally
Assume business responsibility for the Visa Ready Transit partners globally.
Develop and manage the Visa Ready for Transit pipeline ensuring global, regional and local coverage
Develop and execute customized account strategies, objectives and plans to increase revenue and market share from each partner
Continuously improve the program certification, approval and delivery process working with cross-functional teams to ensure client focused excellence.
Consolidate existing relationships and expand Visa’s reach within multiple parts of the partner organization and the utilization of Visa’s products and services
Report to and interact with senior management and executives to indicate the status of Transit partnerships
Implement short, medium and long-term strategic opportunities/products/services through excellent project management working with internal and client teams
Proactively identify and solve complex problems that impact the management, relationship and direction of the business
Lead the development of proposals by working with various internal stakeholders and negotiate contractual relationships with strategic Visa Ready partners
Continuously review client and transit market landscape and recommend, develop, and implement new and creative approaches that ensures that the client’s business objectives are met as well as grow the Visa business
Work within cross-functional teams (internal / external) that include representation from Marketing, Product, Digital, Innovation Centers, Operations, Market Research and Technology.
Actively participate and lead various ad-hoc internal projects as assigned and be an evangelist for Transit segment
Foster in-depth and productive relationships at all levels with the client and the Visa organization
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD.
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- A minimum 8 years’ experience Product management, partnership management, consulting, and/or industry experience in payments or transit
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and closing complex business contracts and managing the partnership through all stages
- Appropriate technical knowledge and exposure
- Proven record of leading and implementing strategic initiatives, policies and operational decisions
- Global work experience
- Strategic thinker and challenger of the status quo
- Proven ability to partner, communicate and manage/navigate through multiple disciplines and organizational groups
- Ability to work within a complex and sometimes ambiguous environment, and to influence senior management and other relevant parties
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA desirable
- Team oriented, ethical, empathetic, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.