Sr. Data Engineer (REF21652H) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Digital & Developer Platform (DDP) has exciting opportunities in the field of Data engineering delivering analytics and insights on products & platforms that enable the next generation of payments. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Are you ready to apply your educational experience to real-world problems? Are you passionate about applying your data skills in a real-world tech environment? If you’re interested in being a part of a team that’s constantly learning and problem-solving, we’d love to talk with you.
As a Sr.Data Engineer in DDP Data Engineering and Analytics team you will play a critical role in providing data insights for DDP products like Visa Checkout, Visa Direct, Visa Developer Platform, Visa Token Services, and Visa Digital Commerce Apps to technology stakeholders , business and executives. You will build data pipelines for new services and utilize data technology to integrate and process data in a large scale. It is expected that you have high attention to detail and quality. You will share the ownership of technical vision and direction for advanced analytics and insights. You will be a part of a team of top notch technical professionals developing data pipelines and solutions at scale and with a focus on sustained operational excellence.
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end.
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) in/out of our Data Lake.
- Assist in scoping and designing analytic data assets.
- Build and maintain a robust data engineering process to develop and implement self-serve data .
- Find opportunities to create, automate and scale repeatable analyses or build self-service tools for business users.
Can you take on the responsibilities described above? Then please apply!
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in production ETL pipelines, utilizing big data engineering techniques that enable solutions to solve business problems.
- Extensive experience with SQL and big data technologies (Hadoop, Python , Java, Spark, Hive etc.) tools for large scale data processing, data transformation and machine learning pipelines.
- Knowledge of Kafka, Airflow, Spark Streaming for Building data pipelines is nice to have.
- Experience with data visualization and business intelligence tools like Tableau, PowerBI , Microstrategy, or other programs highly desired.
- Familiarity or experience with statistical modeling (e.g., regression modeling, clustering techniques, decision trees, etc.) is very helpful.
- Strategic thinker and good business acumen to orient data engineering to the business needs of internal clients.
- Demonstrated intellectual and analytical rigor, team oriented, energetic and collaborative.
- Previous exposure to financial services or merchant analytics is a plus, but not required.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.