As a Staff Software Engineer, you will be part of our Clearing and Settlement Product Development Team (in Network Processing) to help design, enhance and build our Edit Package application. You will work with colleagues closely in order to create design documents, code, test, and implement new features, as well as modifications, and corrections to existing software. In this role you will provide technology leadership in development of Business Enhancement projects by helping to drive project planning, estimation, and technology planning.
• 6+ Years of software design and development experience
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent career experience
• Ability to provide rotational 24/7 on call support for problem resolution
• 4+ years of C/C++, C# and Object Oriented Development in Windows and Mainframe environments
• 3+ year of Windows Desktop programming.
• Hands on experience in Windows Service programming
• Knowledge of Security and Authentication standards and concepts like SSL and SSH
• Must be able to implement security and data protection best practices
• Experience in writing technical design and building documentation for all aspects of a technical infrastructure
• Strong problem determination skills and ability to resolve critical issues for complex systems under tight timeframes using dumps and other tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent planning and organizational skills
• Work with stakeholders (business/product) and the architecture and consulting group to develop and refine technical specifications
• Establish a working relationship with other groups across the organization to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
• Ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
• Clearly communicate to management on the status of projects or other issues
• Ability to represent technical and business issues and solutions to multiple levels internally and externally to support strategic organizational plan
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.