Finance MBA Intern- Financial Planning & Analysis
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
This position will be based in either San Francisco or Foster City, CA.
Finance partners with teams across Visa to provide accurate, reliable and timely support for business transactions and decisions. The Visa Finance team is committed to leading by example while encouraging growth and fiscal integrity.
We strive to provide excellent service, which to us means having:
- Consistent policies, processes and systems
- Timely, effective and cost efficient execution
- A highly responsive customer-service mentality
This is a unique opportunity and calls for an ambitious, hard-working, highly analytical Finance professional. The payoff is that the Summer Intern will have direct access and exposure to senior management and will participate in the analysis, execution, and presentation of key project or financial results and recommendations for Visa Leadership.
As a Finance Intern you will have the chance to:
- Participate in Executive Speaker Series’ led by Senior Leadership
- Deliver an end of summer presentation to the Executive Finance Team
- Attend fun social events with fellow interns
Partner with the business to develop budgets, forecasts and investment strategies in support of strategic imperatives and Visa’s business goals and objectives.
- Provide insight into business drivers and performance
- Storyboard and execute analytical outlook and communication materials for leadership; Identify and communicate main implications from analysis
- Prepare financial review packages including variance, scenario, and sensitivity analysis
- Lead project, execute and develop a set of recommendations for a key business “pain point”
- Meet and engage business stakeholders to refine project scope and approach
- Identify focus areas, perform analysis and execute project
- Develop overall project presentation, recommendations & next steps
- Collaborate and build partnerships across Finance and Business unit teams
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to look at business drivers, options for decision making and to make recommendations
- Jointly develop in-depth business cases for investments
- Understand stakeholder needs to identify opportunities to introduce new tools and improve analysis used for decision making
- B.S. or B.A. in technical field (Accounting, Finance, Economics, Engineering, etc.) with 3-5 years of experience with progressively increasing responsibility
- Pursuing an MBA from leading business school
- Experience in Fortune 1000 technology, financial services or manufacturing firm preferred
- Highly articulate and influential written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to apply relevant financial theory and analysis for valuing alternatives
- Strong business acumen for linking operational and results
- Collaboration and leadership skills for the development, coordination, implementation and satisfactory completion of a deliverable
- Highly proficient with MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Comfortable with rapidly changing environment and reprioritization of tasks
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Associate Counsel Position – Client Management Team (North America) – Visa Direct
Visa, New York NY, US