As a Sr. Software Development Engineer in the payment technology team you will help lead, design, enhance and build our services for Customers in an agile development environment. You will be working with colleagues who will help, support and challenge you every day. Unit testing, code reviewing, and regular check-ins for continuous integration is just part of your DNA. You will see the code written going to production in few days, and used by huge customer base including Apple, Facebook, Nike, Emirates... If this sounds exciting, we would love to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment
We expect our Sr. Software Development Engineers to do much more than just write code. They will also:
- Help our client achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements from the clients’ perspective
- Use technologies like .Net/Java, REST, SOAP, JSON, SQL and more
- Leverage newer technologies to develop solutions, and build the next generation of Payment services
- Lead efforts to architect, design and implement various aspects of our global transaction processing systems
- Be comfortable in leading meetings and discussions with non-technical teams
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player
- As a key member of the development team, the candidate should be comfortable with driving technical ideas and communicating clearly with technical as well as non-technical audiences
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Java/C# experience required with N-tier web application development in enterprise-class, mission-critical, commercial, and scalable products
- Ability to communicate effectively up, down and across to assure that your ideas are heard
- Passion for exceeding expectations and delivering exceptional code
- Ability to develop code that follows established coding guidelines
- Ability to understand systems from all levels: from the "big picture" enterprise-level view to the low level technical view
- Experience with web services standards and related technologies (Xml, Json, Rest, Soap, WS*, Axis, Jersey)
- Working knowledge of client side technologies such as Asp/Jsp, ReactJs/Angular/JQuery, CSS/SASS
- Experience with financial services industry or Payment and/or Credit Card processing is a plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Technology Partners
Business Analyst - (Modeling / ROI) Work Remote
Cloud Technology Partners, Live Anywhere