1. Candidate will be responsible for maintenance and support of all batch applications running on the IBM z/OS390 platform.
2. Perform 2nd and 3rd level Incident & Problem determination and resolution for any issues detected in the Production and/or Development environments
3. Work with application software development on the implementation and support of software maintenance releases.
4. Provide technical assistance to Client Services, Network Operations, and Implementations.
5. Assist in the testing and certification of new DPS software and clients.
6. Work with network operations and technical support to identify and implement application fixes and enhancements to increase efficiency and ease of use.
7. Participate in any internal modernization and other major project efforts.
2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
1. College degree in computer science, computer engineering, computer information systems or equivalent work experience in data processing.
2. 3 to 7 years support and/or development role experience on IBM z/OS390.
3. 3 to 7 years support and/or development role experience with COBOL/JCL.
4. 3 to 7 years general knowledge of EFT settlement and transaction processing.
5. 3 to 7 years support and/or development role experience using FILE-AID.
6. 3 to 7 years support and/or development role experience using ESP, CA7 or another scheduling software.
7. Connex/Advantage experience is a plus.
8. REXX experience is a plus.
9. Open systems experience is a plus.
10. Displays ability to learn quickly.
11. Ability to work independently exhibiting strong multitasking and time management skills.
12. Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
13. Good communication (oral & written) skills including the ability to translate technical issues/concepts into ways for non-technical staff to understand.
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- This position does not require the incumbent to travel.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.