Director, Visa Consulting & Analytics - Regional & Community FIs
Visa, Charlotte NC, US
Everywhere you want to be
The VCA team is looking for an individual to join our strategy consulting practice and play a key role developing and delivering high impact engagements for Visa’s clients in the North America region. The successful candidate will be responsible for delivering and implementing projects and solutions with various types of Visa clients, including issuers such as large multi-regional, regional and community financial institutions. This person will develop initiatives to promote sustainable and profitable growth, thereby ensuring that Visa is both the preferred brand and a valued, long-term business partner.
The ideal candidate is a highly analytical individual with previous strategy, consulting and /or payments experience.
Typical projects may include:
- How does a Financial Institution expand market share in consumer market?
- How should a credit card issuer use emerging technology to acquire the best customers?
- How does a Financial Institution grow their credit card portfolio while mitigating credit risk?
- How does a Bank or Credit Union optimize their revenues?
- How can a Financial Institution drive increased spend in specific segments?
The location is flexible for this role with a preference for Charlotte, NC; San Francisco, CA; Foster City, CA; Ashburn, VA; and or New York, NY.
We are looking for individuals with banking, payments and consulting expertise to provide analysis and strategic thinking to shape the services we deliver to clients.
Ideal candidate will have payments and management consulting experience.
- Substantial problem solving ability with strategic focus on
- Strong analytical skills, with demonstrated intellectual and
analytical rigor and ability to work with large data sets to synthesize key impacts for clients.
- Self-motivated, results oriented individual with the ability to
handle numerous projects concurrently
- Executive Presence including excellent communication and
presentation skills, written and verbal and ability to communicate at all
levels within large organizations.
- Demonstrated collaboration capabilities, particularly with those who are not direct reports as may be found in a matrixed organization
- Experience in managing teams in execution of projects.
- Holds self and others accountable for measurable high quality, timely and effective results. Displays a strong commitment to organizational success
- Ability to identify key strategic issues and to generate and deliver creative and innovative solutions to problems and opportunities.
- Experience in several key issuer business areas, such as portfolio management, marketing, product management, operations, risk management, for both credit and debit cards.
- Understanding of card issuers' P&L and critical factors in driving profitability
- Ability to influence and negotiate with senior executives
- Prior experience working with Regional and Community banks, credit unions and other financial institutions a plus.
· 10 years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
· 10-12 years of experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD or PhD)
· Experience working in payments industry or with a financial institution (bank, credit union, Fintech).
- Experience with developing and/or managing debit card product, including P&L implications, product feature design and customer journey management.
· Previous experience in a management consulting firm.
· Excellent communication, story-telling and presentation skills.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel 25%+ domestically
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.