Visa is looking for Software Engineers who will help build Open VisaNet, Visa's Next generation payment processing platform developed on Open Systems, that would fuel growth in electronic payments globally and drive financial inclusion in many parts of the world.
Open VisaNet, is the Next Generation VisaNet, will push the envelope of building highly scalable, secure, cost effective and distributed application on commodity hardware using best-in-class technology components. Open VisaNet is one of Visa's Key initiative that will help Visa support in-country processing solutions and provide Visa an opportunity to move away from Proprietary Mainframe type systems. Building Open VisaNet will involve collaboration with exceptional group of software engineers, security specialists, DevOps engineers, payment experts and infrastructure architects.
- Design, implement and evolve highly scalable and fault-tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm
- Design and implement APIs, abstractions and integration patterns to solve challenging distributed computing problems
- Understand and own component security analysis, including code and data flow review. Collaborate with security team to implement and verify secure coding techniques
- Ensure proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring
- Develop test automation tools and framework for validating highly available, fault tolerant, scalable, low latency, distributed payments transaction processing systems
- Collaborate with the multiple teams across Development, Operation & Infrastructure, Product to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues. Support cross-functional teams in integrated test efforts.
- Contribute to efficient development process pipeline by leveraging best-in-class CI/CD tools
- Ensuring proper documentation and internal publishing of design tradeoffs, code best practices and lessons learned
- Support in triaging and troubleshooting of highly distributed services in production environment
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Knowledge of functional programming languages like GoLang (preferred), Scala, Erlang, Haskell, Clojure, or the ability to learn them quickly
- Experience with distributed database, distributed computing and high frequency transactions is a big plus
- Working familiarity with the entire software development lifecycle including version control, build process, testing, and code release
- Experience with operating system internals, file systems, disk/storage and networking protocols
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with financial services or payments processing domain is a big plus
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10 % of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office set10ting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.