Staff Software Engineer, Data Product Development - Geospatial Location Systems
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa is currently seeking an Engineer who wants to come into Visa.com and help build a high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications. The position is part of the Geospatial Location Systems team in Austin.
- You will be part of a talented software team that works on mission-critical applications.
- You will be responsible for Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- The role includes working with business owners to understand requirements, defining and implementing technical solutions, application implementation and support, integration and management of Web sites and third-party services.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 5 or more years of work experience or 2 years of hands-on experience in developing and supporting web applications with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Knowledge of MySQL / Oracle or SQL Server with an understanding of the impacts of indexing and schema design along with query analysis and optimization.
- Experienced database skills (Oracle, DB2, Mysql, etc.), working knowledge of UNIX or Linux, and understanding of ETL tools (like Ab Initio or Talend).
- Experience with Java, REST, SOAP, JSON and XML
- Experience with GIS and geospatial technologies, spatial geometry, geocoding, address processing, Geostatistical analysis and geospatial data management (MapInfo, ArcGIS, ESRI)
- Advanced experience in Java/Python, Spark, and Hadoop development and maintenance, and know the key areas like design concepts, design patterns, performance issues, memory issues, concurrency issues.
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Expert understanding of data structures, sorting and searching, exception handling, Web services development.Ability to lead and self-manage projects and tasks.
- Expert knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery data flow diagrams and entity relationship diagrams.Experience with requirements gathering, software estimation, design, development, project planning using tools like Microsoft Project Plan, and Visio
- Demonstrable teamwork attitude, ready to initiate collaboration and resolve conflicts
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Project Manager - Ads Squad