Director, Visa Installments - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa's Digital Developer Platform (DDP) team is building a new generation of products to facilitate commerce in everyone's digital and mobile lives. Our focus is to build intuitive features that expose profound new value for our customers, merchants and developers.
As a leader of Visa Installments Engineering team, you will be responsible for the delivery of the feature development for Visa Installments. You will build, develop, and empower a team of talented engineers to build a world class product with highest level of quality, security, and performance. You will work closely with various technology and business teams to assist our partners and clients in their implementation.
Visa Installments provides a seamless integration experience that connects the lenders and sellers to provide a scalable platform that empowers the consumers to manage their budget fitting to their needs. This is a very rare and exciting opportunity for seasoned engineering leaders to build a highly scalable, performant, and reliable system that is capable of processing thousands of transactions per second.
Develop and nurture team of developers by motivating and mentoring, influencing large cross functional teams
Recruit and hire top talent for engineering team
Drive technology and business vision, design, develop and evolve highly scalable and highly performant components
Partner with our product management team to develop strong and effective relationships
Work with other engineering and product leaders to evolve our delivery processes and drive cross-team collaboration and cooperation
Provide training and professional development opportunities for full-time employees
- 10+ years of work experience in management position. At least 5 years experience in Senior Manager or Director engineering organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering, or related fields.
- A strong advocate for quality and client centric engineering.
- Experience developing and delivering highly engaging solutions using Agile methodologies
- Extensive hands-on experience with back-end technologies, creating scalable APIs.
- Deep understanding of modern services architecture using Java stack and distributed technologies.
- Demonstrated experience manage effectively through organizational growth and change.
- Solid understanding of software engineering principles and development practices with a demonstrable projects driving code quality, innovation, adhering to security guidelines.
- Capability to quickly grasp business context & execute with strategic and tactical approaches.
- Strong communication skills as well as the ability to influence cross function teams and key decision makers.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and execution skills with the ability to drive results, deliver and excel.
- Experience in large-scale projects
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.