Senior Production Services Analyst (Night Shift)
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Everywhere you want to be
- Work in the Visa Command Center monitoring the Cybersource Enterprise real time production services
- Gain a solid understanding of the role a payment solution provider holds in the online payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process
- Applicant must maintain a strong work ethic, with the ability to work in fast paced, team oriented environment
- Act with a sense of urgency to drive incidents to resolution and provide analysis. Identify follow up items and areas for improvement and propose solutions
- Provide support for mission critical applications and execute BAU procedures to resolve incidents.
- Ensure the incident management process is followed and all communication requirements are met.
- Support applications in a Linux environment and troubleshoot network, database and system issues that are often not well documented.
- Use basic scripting skills to generate reports based on support requests and incidents
- Demonstrate an ability to investigate incidents and provide root cause analysis based on application behavior and log data
- Demonstrate the ability to gauge the scope and criticality of impact and take the appropriate actions to handle the situation
- Interact with second level teams and Customer Support to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is clearly communicated per the process in place
- Monitor both systems and network performance through various industry standard and custom tools
- Open and update trouble tickets and answer internal and external phone calls. Interact with 3rd party service providers to resolve incidents and provide root cause analysis
- Review change activates and upcoming maintenance periods and coordinate with staff to cover the activities. Identify and raise concerns with upcoming changes to management
- Identify gaps in existing processes and procedures and work with management and technical teams to propose and implement a solution. Create and update documentation as needed
- Recycle and validate Linux services as needed
- Work with little supervision and assist junior staff in day to day activities
- Provide guidance and training to junior staff members
- Review and identify areas for improvement within documented procedures and work with management to implement changes
- Use sound judgment in evaluating unusual situations and determine the appropriate course of action
- Use sound judgment and good time management in prioritizing work to maintain Cybersource service level agreements and client perception during a crisis situation
- Interact with the staff during a crisis to ensure that all objectives are met on time
- Quickly and accurately assess the impact of a major system or application outage and communicate the impact to management
- Use verbal and written communication skills to ensure that all activities and bridge calls are well coordinated and incidents are accurately documented
- Bridge the gap between technical staff and management during an incident
- Own projects within the team and drive them to resolution
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline preferred
- May be a 2-year IT Degree with relevant work experience
- 4+ years working in a Linux environment
- Experience with ServiceNow, Netcool or other industry standard monitoring and ticketing tools
- Experience with troubleshooting with Perfmon, Riverbed, or other performance monitoring tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting highly available systems
- The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once under duress
- Experience remotely managing Linux computer systems
- Proven technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate
- Six Sigma Certification
- This position must sit onsite in Ashburn, VA. This is a 24x7 rotating 12-hour shift alternating 3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off.
- This will be night shift (6pm-6am)
- Required to work OT as requested to cover staff shortages and training
- This is an operational department therefore, you will be required to work weekends and over the holiday periods as scheduled
· This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work > 5% of the time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Certified Medical Assistant with Phlebotomy Experience/Scribes
Heal, Brooklyn, New York
Marketing Strategy Intern | Mental Health Incubator Startup @ Harvard i-lab, non-profit
Affect Mental Health, Boston, MA