Imagine yourself as part of Visa’s Leadership College, a team that is making leadership and executive development a differentiator that will enable Visa’s leaders to continue positioning the company for growth in the years to come. This affords you with a unique opportunity to work on some of the most highly visible initiatives inside one of the world’s most valuable brands. The role will allow you to be creative, strategic and impactful. It will also test your ability to thrive under the pressure of intense expectations and a multitude of critical stakeholders, and ultimately be a rock star in a company where industry leadership is the norm.
The Leadership College is part of Visa University, a start-up within an established, successful global organization. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigor, data and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
- You are passionate about providing impactful learning experiences to leaders at all organizational levels globally
- You are both a thinker and a doer and can constantly switch between the two
- You are resilient and flexible – you perceive false starts, changing priorities and constructive feedback as opportunities, not setbacks
- You are curious and broad in your orientation: you are knowledgeable and up-to-date not only on what’s current in leadership and executive development, but also like to understand the industry and business environment in which you operate
- You are service-oriented, and keep the learner experience front-and-center in everything you do
- You have a global mindset – you take genuine interest in other cultures, do not suffer from “HQ syndrome”, and embrace the need to operate with cultural norms and in time zones other than your own
- You are action-oriented and adept at dealing with ambiguity
With the guidance of the Sr. Director, Dean of Leadership College, you will:
1. Manage the entire product development life-cycle for leadership development learning products that ensure the organization has the capabilities to compete in the future by:
- Using human-centered design methodology to discover, synthesize and clearly articulate Visa leaders’ development needs.
- Translating needs into leadership development solutions
- Using your design expertise and breadth of knowledge of external leadership development resources to design, curate and/or buy-and customize-for-Visa the most impactful solutions. You will need to be adept both at designing programs yourself as well as providing strategic direction for work done by select external providers and Visa University designers. You will play a key role in scaling leadership development to maximize opportunities for all Visa leaders to benefit from impactful learning opportunities. You will be mindful of using modalities that work most effectively for engaging audiences at different levels of seniority, with an eye to balancing between global consistency and localization for region-specific needs.
· Setting a vision for and using your influencing skills to lead project teams established to ensure the leadership development products you oversee are not only superbly designed but also set up for effective launch and implementation.
2. Develop and grow key relationships: you will skillfully cultivate and grow key internal and external relationships. You will form and engage in productive partnerships with critical internal stakeholders – business leaders, regional heads of learning and HR business partners– to evangelize the work you do, secure sponsorship and scale it effectively across the organization. You will also leverage and continue to grow your well-established network of external content providers/experts to ensure Visa’s leadership development offerings leverage best-in-class thought leadership. You will be versatile in the work you do in the context of these internal and external relationships: from ensuring buy-in with a senior internal stakeholder, to negotiating a contract with an outside provider and everything in-between.
3. Improve and Grow Your Portfolio: you will have an opportunity to evolve existing learning solutions and launch new ones. You will leverage your strategic and critical thinking to articulate how the learning solutions you own can evolve into the future. Keeping in mind that the end goal is behavior change and business impact, you will devise strategies to ensure that learning sticks and business impact occurs. You will use your creativity and knowledge of adult learning methodology to design impactful mechanisms for post-program application of program content. You will launch and grow communities of learning to ensure learning occurs beyond the programmatic components. You will leverage the art-science balance to evaluate and constantly improve leadership development at Visa to make it even more impactful for Visa’s leaders, and ultimately for Visa’s business.
- To assist in developing & evolving the Malaysia consumer product strategy and solutions including but not limited to consumer value proposition, product rules, pricing, system infrastructure capabilities and thought leadership materials
- Work with local, regional and global Visa teams, clients, and partners to develop premium platforms and core consumer value proposition;
- Work with CRMs and Clients on Core Product value propositions ensuring alignment to Client business objectives of new account origination, onboarding, activation and digital channel usage;
- Support client engagement by working with CRMs on meaningful Client engagement decks leveraging Client centric segment value proposition and platform capabilities
- Identify in consultation with CRMs and Clients product enhancements or new products requiring new platform support and engages Loyalty & Offer solutions as well as Digital Deployment and Solutions to source, develop or build
- Develop new products that address segment needs, where they are defined as priorities in client plans
- Drive the collaboration, co-creation and co-development with local Fintech players & financial institution in close coordination with internal innovation and partnership teams
- To execute the Malaysia Business Plan, to ensure initiative, budgets and KPIs are met consistently.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- 12-15 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 8-10 years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 6+ years of work experience with a PhD
- 10-15 years of progressive experience defining and implementing successful leadership development solutions, preferably in a global corporate environment; or at least 8 years of such experience with an Advanced Degree
- Extensive experience with designing and curating, both internally and with select external providers, impactful learning experiences for global audiences of leaders across organizational levels
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, executive presence and ability to clearly articulate complex concepts and evangelize a strategy to stakeholders
- Excellent project management, planning and organization skills, to lead a concept from inception to execution; ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated learning agility with a variety of content areas and modalities: while you will rely on your experience, you will also need to master new content areas/ways of doing things quickly
- Strong business acumen, analytical and problem-solving skills
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Jobs You May Like
Creative & Engineering Summer 2020 Internship - USH Parks & Resorts
NBCUniversal, Universal City, CA