The Product & Client Latin America & Caribbean portfolio is valued in excess of $200M (Update with FY20 estimate) and the Regional Director role will manage all the sub-categories, which include of financial services retail products, payment cards, loyalty solutions, banking benefits, travel platforms, concierge services and marketing/promotion related to concierge service delivery. You will need a strong sense of urgency and the ability to succinctly frame issues and alternatives to drive decisions forward.
The Regional Director will have strong financial acumen, understand the financial impact of the category, revenue impact through direct sourcing activities, TCO (total cost of ownership) over project lifecycle, budget allocation and utilization. Align with business strategy to drive profitable business growth, improve supplier performance and reduce third party risk whilst challenging the status quo, considering industry best practice, continuous improvement and innovation to maximize return on investment.
Analyze, understand and present data (spend, budget, supplier mix) to identify and develop category pipeline opportunities in collaboration with global and regional business owners. Agree activities and savings targets with budget holders and finance managers, deliver, track and report on an ongoing basis.
• Engages and establishes business partnerships with cross functional leadership across Visa to collaborate, influence, and drive sourcing strategies.
• Explores and evaluates sourcing options from the business’ perspective to find suppliers and solutions that best meet its needs cross functionality within the region while executing according to the global category strategy.
• Brings business and sourcing perspectives together, helping the business to see the potential and impact of sourcing recommendations.
• Drives multiple complex sourcing strategies, scope requirements, business partnerships, and navigate complexity within a large global matrixed organization
• Creates a shared vision by embedding and integrating the role of strategic sourcing into various parts of the business
• Drives cross-functional negotiation teams, influences customers in the decision-making process, implements world-class negotiation techniques and contractual clauses. Educates business & suppliers on TCO concepts and deliverables
• Maintain strong external focus by leveraging industry peers, organizations, associations and by continuing to build strong relationships outside of Visa
• A champion for change that can act decisively to drive decisions, while demonstrating agility to support the evolution of business needs
• Communicates effectively and frequently, listens carefully, and actively seeks and values the perspectives of others
• Develops strong relationships with global supplier executive account teams. Can build a case for the business to champion SRM practices and can encourages supply market innovation ideas.
• Support the implementation of Global Sourcing policies and procedures.
• Develop and implement SLA’s, monitors, tracks and reports on procurement metrics and ensuring business analytics for targeted areas of responsibility.
• Updating functional and executive management regularly on supplier performance, issues faced with service delivery, improvement opportunities, and remediation plans to resolve disputes and improve the service levels delivered.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 10 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Strong facilitation and project management skills
- Strong ability to interface with all levels, departments and global teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• 12+ years of experience in the procurement of Indirect categories
• 10+ years of demonstrated leadership in the global categories of: Information Technology or Software as a Service Services, Financial Services, Call Center Operations or Professional Services preferred
• Past experiences challenging the status quo by developing business cases for change through leveraging business acumen, market intelligence, and insights to drive a broad strategic impact across an organization
• Proven track record of successful category management using a five or seven step process and execution of agreed upon category strategies per sub-categories.
• Demonstrated contract and agreement negotiation experience, including development of negotiating plans and strategies.
• Knowledge of the full end to end P2P process and e-Sourcing preferred
• Strong relationship-management skills and ability to communicate effectively, and collaborate with, senior-to-exec management. Ability to tell compelling stories through insights and data
• Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) Certification Preferred
• Proficient in Tableau or Power BI tools is preferred
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0-25% of the time
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.