Software Engineer - Cybersecurity Products
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Cybersecurity: Cybersecurity provides enterprise-wide, risk-based security and continuity programs to meet changing internal and external threat landscapes. They seek to be the best-in-class at the physical, cyber security, network, application, and data security layers.
We are looking to hire a Software Engineering / Machine Learning Engineer to join the Cybersecurity Products team, working out of Visa's Global HQ in Foster City, California. You will play a critical role by engineering cybersecurity products and services with a truly global impact.
Examples of what new hires to the team did within their first 3-4 months in the past include:
- Designing and implementing RESTful micro-services interfacing between component in Kubernetes based application
- Investigating IPtables based Linux firewalls
- Implementing data processing pipelines analyzing terabytes of network activity related data
- Extracting network activity logs directly from the kernel in a highly performant manner
All of these were done using the most modern of technology and software engineering stack (Golang, Python, Tensorflow, low level C, Kotlin, React). More importantly, every single one of efforts are in production, helping secure Visa against highly sophisticated attackers and helping the business overall. You make an impact from day 1.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Science, or a related field
- Software Engineering background: The candidate must possess strong software engineering skills and did projects (academic or professional) with at least 1000+ lines of code. Preferred languages are Go, C++, Rust. Others would be considered.
- Git commands and working with Linux/Mac background is required
- Experience owning the application throughout full lifecycle
- Understanding of Linux networking stack
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes.
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good team player and excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong ability to collaborate and demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
- Cybersecurity background: knowledge of security related concepts is a plus but not required.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Sweat in good company