Systems Analyst - Linux / Unix Production Support
Visa, Austin Texas, US
Everywhere you want to be
CyberSource, a Visa company, is a global leader in eCommerce payment management. CyberSource was one of the world's first payment gateways, connecting online merchants to payment networks, including Visa. Today, CyberSource offers a full-service payment management platform for eCommerce merchants, combining global payment processing, fraud management and payment security systems.
CyberSource is looking for a bright, passionate and dedicated employee to join our Operations 2nd Level Applications team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting our production transaction processing systems. These systems are truly the backbone of our business and process millions of transactions daily for some of the most prestigious companies in the US.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Initial escalation point for Service Desk Tier 1 for application issues
- Perform routine application maintenance including host file updates, log rotation, shell scripting for common tasks
- Contribute information to project plans and meet stated deadlines
- Compose clear documentation and reports as well as prepare Power Point slides and give informational presentations
- Maintain and update 3rd party applications (Docker, Kubernetes, Tomcat, WAS etc..)
- Monitor application performance (e.g. memory, logging, latency)
- Perform weekly code deployment to the Production environment
- Implement and maintain Performance monitoring dashboards using industry standard tools (Splunk, Thousand Eyes, Graphite etc..)
- Problem Management for Applications
- Code release into CAS (test) and PROD working with Product Development using industry standard tools
- Support application deployment for new and existing services or features working with different groups like Product Development and Engineering
- Support Customer Support on merchant escalated issues specific to applications. (e.g. increase latency)
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree
- Experience working in Linux / UNIX environment
- Basic shell scripting and programming knowledge
- Basic understanding of Linux Systems, Databases and Network concepts
- Basic understanding of the software development life-cycle is helpful
- Basic understanding of Docker and Kubernetes internal architecture, networking and container micro service architectural pattern
- Strong written and communication skills
- Experience with Enterprise monitoring/dashboard creation
- Strong work ethic, self-starter, ability to work in fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and goal driven to run with individual projects to meet business needs
- Strong technical aptitude and a desire to learn
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one