Sr Software Engineer in Test (SDET), Digital Marketing Experience
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Digital Marketing Experience Team at Visa is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test with strong QA Engineering skills, and a complete understanding of the agile development process. Our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every technical decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project.
What it takes:
Attention to detail: The capability to perform any research systematically and accurately
Curiosity: A desire to seek clarity of requirements and why tasks are done a certain way Creativity: The ability to take a list of needs and insights and come up with other innovative ideas.
Strategic focus: Skill to understand big picture and stay focused on task to achieve goals
Communication: Excellent interpersonal skills and be a team player.
Enthusiasm: A passion to understand people and deliver better products and services to them
Strong work ethic: The innate drive to do work extremely well
Excellence: Passion for high quality and efficiency
Evangelism: Be Comfortable leading meetings and discussions with non-technical teams.
Leadership: Proven track record of responsibilities as a technical lead.
Mentorship: A guide who can coach and mentor team members.
What you will do:
Expect to just manual test? Not at Visa.
- Help our teams achieve their real goals by understanding the requirements and coming up with best test coverage.
- Implement reusable automated test frameworks to drive test automation goals and to support continuous integration and regression testing. Utilize and extend existing test automation test harnesses.
- Own and execute test plan and manage all activities in the plan to ensure that objectives are met and that the solution works as expected.
- Test solutions in terms of functionality, performance, accessibility, security and compatibility with other systems
- Understand and practice test functions in an agile development cycle using Scrum process.
- Manage test platforms
2 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD) in Computer Science or a related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in QA Automation Engineering or related experience.
- Experience with automation tools in the industry like like Selenium, Jest, Mocha, Jasmine
- Experience validating software concerns around accessibility.
- Experience testing APIs and front-end technologies
- Experience writing test cases, owning test plans, doing user acceptance testing and/or exploratory testing.
- Understanding of Object Oriented Principles and ability to write code in Java
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Agile Experience
This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.