The Staff Software Engineer in Test (SET) is part of the Clearing and Settlement Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Staff Software Engineer in Test that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Clearing and Settlement (CAS) system, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform and work with other peer test engineering organizations to ensure seamless code releases.
Build test automation framework to support CAS System
Build test tools to improve quality and performance
Develop software to augment existing test automation tools
Lead efforts to design, develop, execute, and maintain automated test suites
Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
Collaborate with development team to analyze, debug and resolve design and code issues
Work closely with quality assurance engineers and provide technical guidance to peers as needed
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- 8+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5+ years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- Strong technical competency and experience with N-tier applications, Restful & SOAP API testing, XML, Unit-testing, shell-scripting and Cassandra/Solr/NoSQL
- Experience writing and executing detailed test cases, test plans and test design documents.
- Experience using data driven tests to validate API & UI in large enterprise level highly scalable, resilient and secured products.
- Experience developing test automation framework using Java, Junit, TestNG, Selenium.
- Experience in debugging and troubleshooting problems in Kubernetes containerization.
- Must have experience testing in an AGILE environment and should have exposure to testing environment migration, DB and infrastructure/system upgrades.
- Continuous Integration, Code/Test coverage working in different methodologies is a plus.
- Must have proactive and strong communications to work well across teams.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.