Senior Software Engineer - Visa Business Solutions - B2B
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Data Product Development: Visa's position as the global leader in electronic payments enables us to collect and analyze a rich trove of data. Our team enables Visa to tell our data story through business intelligence and develop innovative data-driven products.
B2B Core group is part of Visa Business Solutions vertical in Data Product Development division of Visa’s Technology organization. We are responsible for designing, developing and implementing Values Added Services that help Visa’s Business Solutions clients globally. We develop new offerings/products and enhance existing Visa Business Solutions product lines including Commercial data processing, B2B payments, and B2B Connect platforms. We are looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our B2B Payments team based in Austin, TX.
As Senior Software Engineer, some of your projects could include:
- Enabling virtual card provisioning to digital wallet to help boost B2B payments adoption in Travel and Small Business industry
- Migration of Visa Payables platform integration for TSYS Tokens from SOAP to REST APIs
- Rewrite Visa Payables platform UI to Angular 9 for ADA Compliance
- Visa Payables Automation Long Term Architecture Initiative
- Design, Code, Unit Test, document and implement new applications & as well as existing programs
- Contribute to enhancements and changes to existing B2B applications codebase
- Develop code that complies with design specifications and meets security and Java/J2EE best practices. Coding must adhere to all standards for security, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Collaborate with Development & QA staff on individual and team deliverables
- Comfortable working in a loosely structured, fast-paced organization
- Create documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance
- Identify opportunities for future enhancements and refinements to standards, best practices and development methodologies
- Work closely with project team and other groups (e.g. Network, QA, Ops, Engineering)
- Work as a member of a team responsible for designing, developing and maintaining Visa's Business Solutions B2B Core line of products.
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by self and teammates are in accordance with development standards.
- Interact with business units to define requirements/modifications and use case to utilize in designing appropriate solutions.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or Masters
- Experience in code development using Eclipse/MyEclipse, JetBrains IntelliJ or any major Java ID
- Experience in API Development using SOAP or REST, JSON and XML
- Experience with GIT/Stash, Maven and Jenkins
- Experience in SQL and/or PL/SQL
- Experience in MySQL, Oracle or IBM DB2 on AIX, Unix or Linux platforms
- Experience in Tomcat is preferred
- Experience with SOAPUI or Postman preferred
- Ability to solve complex software development/design issues
- Ability to write clean, coherent code following established coding guidelines
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, and effective communication skills (both written and verbal) and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way
- Experience developing as part of Agile/Scrum team is preferred
- Passionate about delivering zero defect code that meet or exceed the proposed defect SLA and have high sense of accountability for quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Ability to deliver on multiple projects and manage priorities based on changing directions
- Highly driven, resourceful and results oriented
- Demonstrated ability to lead and navigate through ambiguity
- Past experience in Payments or B2B products is preferred
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.