Principal Machine Learning Engineer
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
Payments has become a very active/hot area in the last couple of years, creating a strong demand for innovation. This will be a very exciting area in the next 5 to 10 years. Not only is VISA a leader in the payment industry and has been for a long time, but it is also quickly transitioning into a technology company that is fostering an environment for applying the latest technology to solve exciting problems in this area. For a payment system to work well, the risk techniques, performance, and scalability are critical. These techniques and systems can benefit from big data, data mining, artificial intelligence, machine learning, cloud computing, & many other advance technologies and in VISA, we have all of these. If you want to be in the exciting payment space, learn fast, and make big impacts, Artificial Intelligence Platform team within Payment Security & Identity group @ VISA is an ideal place for you!
This position is for a Principal Machine Learning Scientist with solid Machine Learning System development experience, who will contribute to both strategic and tactic planning and execution to continuously advance AI Platform's vision and mission. In this position, you are first a passionate and talented machine learning experts and system architects that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams.
You will be an integral part of the leadership team, setting up technical roadmap, introducing latest machine learning and system technology to the team, working with development managers and teams to identify and resolve technical challenges, and working with different products and data science teams to streamline the feature request and model onboarding.
This position will be based in Austin, TX and reporting to Head of AI Platform. If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
- Collaborate with project teams, data science teams and development teams to drive the technical roadmap and guide development and implementation of new data driven business solutions.
- Drive technical standard and best practices, and continuously improve AI Platform engineering scalability.
- Architecture and design of AI Platform services including Machine Learning Engines, In Memory Computing Systems, Streaming Computing Systems, Distributed Data Systems and etc., in Golang, Java, and Python.
- Coordinate the implementation among development teams to ensure system performance, security, scalability and availability.
- Coaching and mentoring junior team members and evolving team talent pipeline.
- 10 years of relevant work experience with a PhD in Computer Science and related fields.
- 15 years of Machine Learning System Development Experience after PhD.
- Expert in leading-edge areas such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, Stream Computing, MLOps, In-Memory Computing.
- Expert in at least one of the following: Golang, Java, Python, or C/C++
- Expert in web service standards and related patterns (REST, gRPC)
- Expert in developing large scale, enterprise class distributed system or subsystems that require high availability, low-latency, & strong data consistency computing.
- Expert in architecting solutions with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery in mind
- Expert in distributed in-memory computing technologies like Redis
- Experience with Big Data and analytics in general leveraging technologies like Hadoop, Spark, and MapReduce
- Experience developing proper metrics instrumentation in software components, to help facilitate real-time and remote troubleshooting/performance monitoring.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear & concise way, to different audiences. A team player with good work ethics
- A background in the payment domain is a plus.
- This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Help the world share their story