Sr. Software Engineer - Real Time Payments
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Are you interesting in working on one of the most exciting domain and fast-growing space? The payment industry, in parallel with technology in general, is experiencing a period of rapid, disruptive innovation. At the same time, mobile connectivity is growing rapidly and, with it, comes the opportunity to extend financial products to the 2.5 billion people around the world who are financially excluded.
In Visa’s Digital and Developer Platform division, we work on technology products that have a big impact on the lives of businesses across the world. We are building a Technology Platform – RTX (Real Time Experience) that will enable fast and ubiquitous VAS (Value added services) to assist in Real Time payments across a range of domestic and cross border use cases aiming to capture significant revenue opportunity across P2P, B2SB, and B2C flows and other value-added services. Built on the latest standards/tech stack and providing open APIs, this platform will help drive innovation in the entire ecosystem.
Part of the broader Digital and Developer Platform organization, RTX team is undergoing a major ramp-up, looking to hire the best and brightest technologists with ambition and drive to build the next generation of payment network that would further extend the reach and scale of Visa’s payment network. This is once in a lifetime opportunity and you feel excited about joining and leading the revolution- come join us!
- Be part of a small team of go getters in an agile model
- Design and build new functionalities that will evolve to be the next generation real time payment system components.
- Work collaboratively across team boundaries to share common infrastructure and functional capabilities
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related Engineering degree.
- Must have a good understanding of building scalable and highly performant systems.
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence, must love coding – hands-on technical skills as a full-stack software engineer.
- Development experience in an agile model.
- Development experience in web-related technologies such as Web Services in REST, as per REST Principles.
- Experience with Java8, SpringBoot, Core Spring, Spring MVC, Spring Integration, Hibernate/JPA, JDBC, XSD, CXF, Jersey, JAX-RS, JAX-WS, Tomcat, Oracle/MySQL.
- Experience with the entire software development lifecycle including version control using Git, build process, CI/CD tools like Jenkins, Kubernetes containerization, functional testing framework, and code release.
- Experience with Agile and Test-driven development methodologies.
- Must have a strong Java background and a passion to learn new software technologies.
- Development experience in technologies like AngularJS, ReactJS and NodeJS.
- Ability to communicate effectively up, down and across so that your ideas are heard.
- Passion for exceeding expectations and delivering exceptional code.
- Must have strong work ethic.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
High-quality tools for hosting, sharing, and streaming videos