Sr Software Engineer, C++, java, linux
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
- Develop and document high level and detailed design specifications using the Object Oriented methodologies
- Design and develop highly scalable and fault tolerant distributed components using functional programming paradigm
- Code & unit test system components and applications in a range of programming languages
- Quickly gain domain expertise in critical application areas to SME level
- Work independently with some guidance
- Proactively work to identify issues and provide solutions for the same
- Work with other team members to successfully implement business requirements while applying the latest available tools and technology
- Initiative to ensure on-schedule delivery of a high-quality product that meets technical requirements
- Participate in design and code review sessions as appropriate; to ensure the quality of work delivered by teammates is in accordance with development standards
- 3 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related degree
- a minimum of 3 months of work experience with an Advanced degree Computer Science or a related degree (e.g. Masters, MBA)
- 5+ years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- 3+ years of experience in designing and developing complex mission critical back-end applications
- 2+ years in developing C++ applications in linux or Unix environment
- 2+ years of experience in design and implementation using Java programming language
- Knowledge of functional programming languages or the ability to learn them quickly
- Fully versed with all stages of software development lifecycle phases
- Expert in Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD)
- In-depth experience in all aspects of multi-threaded application development
- Experience with NoSQL and in-memory caching technologies is definitely a strong plus
- Familiarity of database concepts with some experience in MySql will be helpful
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills are a pre-requisite
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during and beyond core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
German engineered blades and shaving cream online for a fair price