Visa Innovation Center focuses on building technology for the next generation of payments. We work on solving hard problems of the future in IoT, Blockchain, Mobile, UX, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics. We are looking for hands-on expert-level software engineering to help us build some innovative products.
This role requires quick problem-solving skills, logical thinking, and application of programming techniques to design, build, and maintain code. Deep knowledge of computer science fundamentals, data structures, and algorithms is a must. In addition to the technical skillset, the candidate will be a self-starter, results-driven, and equipped with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The Senior Software Engineer is an individual contributor role, and this developer will work on the development of several innovation projects. These projects will be instrumental in making an impact on Visa and the payments industry as a whole.
You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. You will take leadership roles working on multiple projects building full-stack development of real-time REST services leveraging Visa's platforms that are highly functional, distributed, secure, scalable, and resilient. We believe in self-managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews, and continuous integration for excellent code quality. You will be driving innovation that makes our products stand apart from our competitors, delight the customer with faster times for market delivery.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
- Spanish language proficiency is required
- MS or BS in Computer Science or equivalent
- Extensive technical experience with full-stack HTTP, APIs, JSON, REST, databases, Java, and web frameworks at scale.
- Experience in Microservice architecture, Kafka, and Hazelcast.
- Expert level skills in Java, C++, or other object-oriented languages
- 5+ years experience in software development, systems engineering, intelligent operations, and or support.
- Multi-disciplinary skills and experience in ideation, software design, programming, debugging, and optimization
- In-depth knowledge of data structures implementation and optimization
- Expert level skills in implementing design patterns (singleton, facade, factory, observer, etc.)
- Experience with tools development, automation (CI/CD, Auto Deployment, System Availability, etc.).
- Experience in Agile Release Management practices
- Experience building enterprise-scale web services (RESTful), and their scalability, resiliency, and availability
- Demonstrated proficiency in troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, application design, and implementing large components for enterprise projects
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Passion for innovation, new ideas, quick prototyping, hackathons, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated and drive for excellence
- Master's or Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.