Senior Director, Investor Relations
Visa, San Francisco CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Senior Director, Investor Relations, will report to the VP, Investor Relations and work closely with the C-Suite in a recognized “best in class” investor relations function. As an excellent communicator, both verbal and written, the Senior Director, Investor Relations partners with the SVP and VP, Investor Relations in proactively framing Visa’s story, successes, and opportunities for the global investment community.
- Promote a full and fair valuation for the company through effective narrative development and disclosure review for 10Ks, 10Qs, 8Ks, earnings releases, and investor conferences and presentations
- Manage the earnings process including review meetings, outreach to the business to gather themes, development of materials such as scripts, presentations and Q&A and supporting documents, and C-Suite preparation
- Develop and maintain relationships with the investment community and establish strategy for overall engagement
- Maintain strong company and sector expertise.
- Collaborate across the company with business leads, strategy, and communications to develop narrative and maintain consistency of messaging
- Assist with presentations for investor, corporate communications and marketing initiatives, customer events and investor conferences, road shows and other activities.
- Communicate directly with investment community in investor and sell-side meetings
- Direct the team analyst in consensus and scenario modeling, stockholder analysis, and ad hoc analysis.
- Develop and maintain independent and direct relationships with the investments community and establish strategy for overall engagement
- Support expanded awareness and education on Visa’s businesses.
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA /JD/MD); or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience of in-house corporate investor relations, finance, competitive intelligence, strategy, or similar positions for a publicly traded company or investment banking or equity research
- Undergraduate degree required. MBA or other advanced graduate degree a plus.
- 7+ years of experience of in-house corporate investor relations, finance, competitive intelligence, strategy, or similar positions for a publicly traded company or investment banking or equity research
- Have deep experience leading a nationally recognized investor relations functions in a company of significant scale.
- Be an outstanding and persuasive communicator.
- Have a collaborative style and be viewed as someone who is viewed as a strong business partner that is both efficient and adds value.
- Operate with an “enterprise view” – thinks and operates holistically and inclusively with all aspects of the business in mind.
- Continuously strive to improve the Investor Relations function; ensure best in class practices are in place.
- Build good internal networks; engage others across the company by demonstrating initiative and approaching challenges and colleagues with a collaborative mindset.
- Build strong relationships internally and externally with numerous constituencies including senior executives, analysts, and investors.
- Solicit and accept feedback, criticism, and alternative points of view.
- Proactively learn the business and become involved – dive in and help.
- Demonstrate creativity and the ability to work across the broader IR/Communications
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours as well as reasonable off-hour work.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Location: This role is based in San Francisco, CA and will be onsite for a few days a week in accordance with a Hybrid work schedule.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one