Associate Technical Support Analyst
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Everywhere you want to be
Cybersource Enterprise relies on its operation support individuals to work with issuers, acquirers, processors, and merchants worldwide to develop and deliver the support model for Visa Inc. This includes day-to-day operations support, application support, and remediation support which affects customers in a real-time production environment.
This is an individual contributor role responsible for solving complex problems and taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. This role serves as a technical/functional specialist and works independently with guidance only in the most complex situations.
- Work in the Visa Command Center monitoring the Cybersource Enterprise real-time production services
- Gain a solid understanding of the role a payment solution provider holds in the online payment industry and leverage this knowledge to troubleshoot internal and external incidents
- Lead technical bridges and interact with both technical staff and management during the incident and change management process
- The ability to identify follow-up items and areas for improvement and propose solutions
- Provide support for mission-critical applications and execute procedures to resolve incidents.
- Ensure the incident management process is followed and all communication requirements are met.
- Support applications in a Linux environment and troubleshoot network, database, and system issues that are often not well documented.
- This could include using basic scripting skills to generate log output based on support requests and incidents
- Investigate incidents and provide root cause analysis based on application behavior and log data
- Gauge the scope and criticality of impact and take the appropriate actions to handle the situation
- Interact with second-level teams, development teams, Product Support teams, and Customer Support teams to ensure incidents are closed out and impact is communicated per the process in place
- Monitor both systems and network performance through various industry standard and custom tools
- Open and update trouble tickets and answer internal and external phone calls.
- Interact with 3rd party service providers to resolve incidents and provide root cause analysis
- Review change activates and upcoming maintenance periods and coordinates with staff to cover the activities. Identify and raise concerns with upcoming changes to management and senior support teams
- Identify gaps in existing processes and procedures and work with management and technical teams to propose and implement a solution.
- Create and update operating procedure and training documentation as needed
- Recycle and validate Linux services as needed
- Work with little supervision and assist multiple teams in day to day activities
- Provide guidance and training to staff members
- Review and identify areas for improvement within documented procedures and work with management to implement changes
• Minimum of 6 months of work experience or a Bachelor's Degree
• Experience in a Linux environment
• Experience with ServiceNow, Netcool, or other industry-standard monitoring and ticketing tools
• Experience with troubleshooting with Perfmon, Riverbed, or other performance monitoring tools
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience maintaining and troubleshooting highly available systems
• The ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks at once under duress
• Experience remotely managing Linux computer systems
• Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation Certificate
• Proven technical aptitude and a desire to learn is a must• 3 or more years of work experience
• ServiceNow (AskNow) experience would be ideal.
• ITIL Certification
• Certified Systems Administrator
• Java programming experience (will be looking at Java Exception code)
• Flexible to schedule
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
This position must sit onsite in Highlands Ranch.
Work Hours: This is a 24x7 rotating 12-hour shift alternating 3 nights on, 2 nights off, 2 nights on, 3 nights off. Required to work OT as requested to cover staff shortages and training. This is an operational department, which required you to work weekends and over the holiday periods as scheduled.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
The best bed for better sleep