Product Manager – Foreign Exchange Treasury Intelligence (FXTI)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
We currently have an opening within the Global Treasury team for a Product Manager who is an expert in supporting business analysis and project management activities associated with Treasury systems program initiatives which supports critical daily payments and cash management within Visa and to our clients globally. The position works closely with a variety of cross-divisional functions from Financial Systems and Strategy, Network Processing, Operations and Infrastructure, Cybersecurity and Project Management functions as well as different Treasury functions (FX, Cash, Investments, Insurance and Settlement).
The successful candidate will have a strong record of accomplishment developing functional knowledge, be a strong proponent of project management disciplines and be motivated and excited by a role, which contributes to a large change management strategy. In addition to working with Treasury teams, the incumbent will manage numerous smaller projects, perform business analysis activities and help embed Project Management and Business Analysis best practice frameworks into the Treasury function. The focus is to support the creation of business requirements for new systems as well as enhancements to existing systems and processes.
Initially, this critical role will be responsible for end-to-end ownership and business requirements of the development of the Foreign Exchange Treasury Intelligence (FXTI) platform and management of the implementation of new foreign exchange rate capabilities to support card settlement and new payment flows (e.g., B2B Connect and Visa Direct). FXTI is a critical component of our Treasury Technology Architecture Program (TTAP) designed to modernize Visa Treasury’s core technology stack
The role will report into the Senior Director, Treasury Systems and Project Management Office who is responsible for the delivery of the Treasury Technology Architecture Program (TTAP) consisting of multiple overlapping projects to replace legacy Treasury applications with state-of-the-art architecture designed to accommodate future Visa products whether they are processed on or off VisaNet.
- Day to day management of projects including the gathering of requirements, driving execution in partnership with technology teams including Network Processing and Data Product Development. Role is the primary point of contact between Treasury and Network Processing during the entirety of the project.
- Collaborate with business partners and IT teams to develop comprehensive and concise business requirements and user stories to help drive Treasury system solutions for medium to large projects in a complex and high volume transactions processing environment
- Analyze and document back office systems and end-to-end process flows. Document business rules and reference data requirements
- Challenge status quo and bring new methods and techniques to the work force
- Provide recommendations on business processes enhancements from efficiency, automation and controls perspectives
- Create detailed Project plans and support the migration strategy of existing platforms to new platforms
- Ability to diagnose, solve and articulate complex business problems backed up with detailed analysis and findings
- Provide guidance to IT on functional design options of the systems
- Become a key contact for IT colleagues to assist on query resolution during system design and build
- Document test plans, test scripts, test cases and execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) process and validation of system changes for the global Treasury systems in coordination with business process owners. The global Treasury systems include legacy systems as well as commercial off-the shelf packages
- Anticipate, communicate and escalate systems testing issues to the IT team and other stakeholders
- Input to recommendations for build, buy or enhance systems strategy initiatives
- Produce and distribute minutes of analysis meetings
- Communicate effectively and proactively with all levels of management and articulate ideas and recommendations clearly.
- Develop in-depth understanding of Visa’s treasury systems and processes.
- Drive efficiency and effectiveness by streamlining, standardizing and automating processes and reporting requirements
- Review all project plans with process owners and deliver multiple system projects running simultaneously. Demonstrate and be recognized as Subject Matter Expert (SME) with in-depth working knowledge of one or more Treasury functional areas
- Review architecture with Functional Architects to challenge overall architecture direction
- Work with limited direction and supervision, usually within a complex and changing environment, to drive delivery of solutions and meet project deadlines
- Ensure compliance with Financial Internal Controls and SOX control requirements as deemed appropriate. Identify, recommend and implement control improvements throughout treasury processes
- Provide Subject Matter Expert level guidance on testing and functionality of Visa Treasury systems to non-Finance users and groups introducing new products and revenue sources
- Coordinate with SOX and Financial Internal Controls regarding automated controls testing and system related queries and functionalities
- Assess impact on the risks and controls framework related to the new Treasury systems implementation and/or existing system changes. Provide recommendations to address those risks and implementation of appropriate controls within the process
- Synthesize complex data findings into logical conclusions and impact assessment for management recommendation
- Input to production support of the deployed process/system, as required
- Contribute to the writing of proposals in response to RFPs, RFIs & other inquiries
- Provide progress reporting through effective and meaningful metrics
- Produce user manuals and reference materials, as required
- Produce training materials and participate in the delivery of training, as required
- 5 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD.
- Experience as a Business/Product Analyst or Payments expert in a funds transfer/wire transfer room with global exposure to payments
- Project management
- People and team management experience
- FX, Cash Management, Payment processing, or Settlements experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in directly relevant project management experience.
- Ideal candidate for the position will have experience managing projects using agile methodology and the demonstrated ability to successfully manage initiatives in a matrix environment with multiple technology teams, vendors and complex set of stakeholders from various business functions.
- Working knowledge of collaboration tools such as Microsoft Teams, JIRA and Wiki strongly preferred. Some experience serving as administrator of such tools would be helpful
- Demonstrated collaboration and teamwork skills with an ability to gain trust, secure buy-in and influence change at all levels. An ability to influence without direct authority, as well as demonstrate an appropriate level of assertiveness, is critical.
- Experience with compliance change projects (OFAC/Sanction screening, Anti Money Laundering, Know Your Client, etc.) a plus
- Good knowledge of Corporate Payments and Transaction Banking flows
- Experience working with multibank portals with a highlight towards a qualified candidate having experience in foreign exchange operations (front, middle of back office).
- Excellent presentation skills and ability to communicate at all levels within an organization
- Proven ability to listen, extrapolate information and demonstrate a solution
- Ability to effectively learn new products and services and demonstrate these articulately to internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated problem solving and business analysis skills, i.e. the ability to structure an approach to work through and solve complex and ill-defined problems and issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to conduct themselves effectively with senior management
- Ability to work well under time constraints and with multiple projects
- Advanced MS Office skills, including MS Project/ MS PowerPoint
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.