Lead Software Architect - Data Product Development, Digital Marketing Experience
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Digital Marketing Experience Team at Visa is looking to hire an experienced and self motivated technologist with a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills. Our solutions architects are passionate about innovation, coding standards & best practices.
You will use your deep understanding of the systems, technology and the needs of the customers, working with engineering teams to develop solution strategies to help improve overall product and customer experience. You will be taking lead role to deliver programs, while being extensively involved in hands-on activities including POCs, design, documentation, development and testing. The ideal candidate will be flexible and willing to switch tasks based on team's needs, and should be capable to work across the layers and technologies stack. The position requires hands on experience building complex applications and strong knowledge of web technology stack -RESTful APIs, Java/Springboot, RDBMS, Redis, NoSQL data stores etc.
- Design technology roadmaps, develop and manage architecture, technical solutions and mentor engineering teams to adopt and use them to create new generation of Data Products applications and services.
- Enable the end-to-end development efforts for on schedule, high quality, scalable innovative solutions that meet the product vision and roadmap.
- Ensure “operational excellence” capabilities (usability, availability, resilience, security, etc.) are assessed, planned and built into the platform.
- Ensure platform meets security compliance criteria at all times
- Identify and implement opportunities in the platform that will drive improvements in performance, scalability, reliability and re-usability.
- Drive down technical debt and cost of operations/support.
10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD)
- Proven track record of leading a team and delivering large projects successfully.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a similar field.
- Experience of testing at the unit, integration and system levels.
- Experience with large scale data and site migration
- Experience with other large scale WCM or CMS implementation a plus.
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration or Continuous Delivery pipeline. Working knowledge and experience in CI / CD tools like Jenkins, GIT
- Strong customer focus, excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
The best bed for better sleep