Staff Software Engineer - Test Engineering -Java, Python Or C#
Visa, Austin TX, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Staff Software Engineer is part of the Clearing and Settlement Test Engineering team based in Austin, TX, USA. We are in need of a highly motivated and skilled Staff Software Engineer that is passionate on using modern software engineering and testing engineering principles to deliver robust applications to our global users.
The successful candidate will support Test Engineering efforts for the Clearing and Settlement (CAS) System, one of Visa's largest revenue generating platform and work with other peer test engineering organizations to insure seamless code releases.
- Design and develop test plans and functional test cases from business requirements and conceptual documents
- Participate in Test design/plan review sessions with peers and other stakeholders
- Provide estimates on scope and scale of effort required to test changes
- Test automation, including building tools and test frameworks to improve code quality and application performance
- Setup, configure, and maintain test environments
- Execute test cases, analyze and report test results to project team
- Support cross-functional teams in integration test effort
- Ensure delivery of a high quality product, meeting all requirements within the scheduled timeframe
- Collaborate closely with the development team to analyze, debug and resolve application issues
• 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
• 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 4 or more years of relevant work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of relevant work experience with a PhD
• Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages including but not limited to: Java, Python Or C#
• Experience with Agile, developing test framework using Selenium, Cucumber, Karate and Behavior-Driven development approach required.
• Experience with one or more test frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, JUnit, or Robot Framework
• Experience developing tools, ability to solve problems programmatically.
• Experience building and testing APIs, automating tests for RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack
• Experience with Jenkins, git, or other source control and CI/CD related tools and technology
• Experience in automating build and deployment using containers(Docker or Kubernetes)
• Strong Windows and Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (e.g. bash, Python, Ruby)
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.