Visa is looking for a Staff UI Engineer II to join our product development team. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire users and we strive to rethink and redefine how users interact with our applications and products. All of our team members are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who make every UX decision an informed one. We value hard work, accountability and collaboration and look for proven skills over big egos. Our team excels in working together and recognizing individual strengths, and values each contributor as a key factor in successfully delivering a project.
One of the main functions of this role is to help design, architect, and build out our next generation of UI applications. UI Engineer will be responsible for the client side frameworks, architecture, technologies, workflows, UI design and usability of UI applications. In this role, you will work closely with UX designers, software engineers and product owners to build pixel perfect layouts, user interface components, and single page applications for a variety of websites and applications. You will work on a very agile team and be expected to context shift quickly between projects.
- Help build a reactive universal app employing technologies such as ReactJS and Redux
- Work with a diverse team of product owners, UX designers, and developers in a fast paced environment, with quick iterative cycles
- Keep up to date with the latest trends in web engineering and introduce them into projects when appropriate
- Evangelizing UI/UX front-end best practices
- Design and build proof-of-concepts on next generation UI applications
- Establish clear, aligned goals and direction; provide candid feedback and coaching to maximize team competency
- Achieve Operational/Engineering Excellence: availability, stability, efficiency, with an availability first mindset directed towards all product development efforts.
• 7+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or relevant field or at least 4+ years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3+ years of work experience with a PhD degree
• 8-10 years of work experience with bachelor’s degree in CS, MIS or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in UI development
• Experience implementing pixel perfect layouts and UI components using React & Redux (Required)
• Experience building Single Page Applications that consume REST services (Required)
• Experience with Node.js, functional reactive programming, and FLUX architecture (Required)
• Understanding of UX and the design techniques and principals involved in the production of conceptual prototypes, wireframes, and HTML Prototypes
• Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills (Required)
• Experience with solving AJAX bottlenecks and performance
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
WE PUT MORE POWER IN YOUR HANDS