Senior Software Engineer, EMV Solutions (REF33409A) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Foster City CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa's EMV Solutions team operates as part of the company's Digital & Developer Platform group. EMV Solutions team develops and maintains Visa’s secure software on payment chip card, NFC mobile phone, NFC wearable device and cloud. The senior software engineer will work with team members and other various stakeholders of the project to fulfil his/her responsivities and go beyond.
- Develop the secure payment software on contact, contactless chip card and mobile products to ensure compliance with Visa specifications
- Maintain and enhance existing secure payment software
- Innovate and create proof-of-concept for new form factors and platforms of secure payment products
- Provide support to Business Development team, Global Product team and Regional team on the secure payment products
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering (or equivalent work experience) will be required
- Proficiency in at least one programming language or technology including, but not limited, to Java, Python, .NET, C++.
- 3-5 years of software development experience is required
- Self-starter and ability, desire and motivation to learn quickly and pick up new skills
- Strong results-oriented team member; Analytic and fact-based consultative discipline.
- Possess good verbal/written communication skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who have working experience in payment industry with knowledge of:
- Android Development
- Cryptography (TDES, RSA, AES, ECC)
- Embedded Software Development
- EMVCo and/or GlobalPlatform specifications
- ISO 7816 and ISO 14443 standards
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Minimalist makeup and skincare