Director of Product Strategy and Go to Market
Visa, Miami FL, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Products team is responsible for developing and delivering the future of payments in Latin America and the Caribbean. New product deployments are centered around our digital solutions and Visa Direct, a payment service that Visa provides to clients to facilitate fund transfers/disbursements to Visa accounts around the world using push payment technology.
The Director of Product Strategy and Go to Market is a highly visible role for the LAC products organization and Visa Direct, ensuring planning, execution and monitor/control processes are in place for effective delivery of critical, customer facing and internal projects involving the deployment of our products.
The individual will be the lead support in creating our Product Strategies and Go to Market discipline for new product deployments and Visa Direct collaborating with key stakeholders to ensure a successful launches and product performance. All initiatives are to be deployed with quality, on-time delivery and within budget. Once new products and initiatives are deployed, the lead will be responsible for monitoring the performance of the launched projects and will report these findings to the wider stakeholder group.
The role will report directly to the Head of LAC Product Planning and Analytics and will also provide direct support to the Visa Direct team.
- Will create product deployment strategies and go to market plans alongside the product owner for new and existing product deployments.
- Responsible for planning, executing, tracking, and budgetary controls for our product launches.
- Formulate business cases for our product deployments and initiatives.
- Uses strong business and technical knowledge to implement solutions, keeping projects on track
- Works closely with cross functional stakeholders and partners to ensure on-time delivery of critical projects and programs. Be the LAC conduit for global and local project delivery
- Manage multiple projects of varying size and complexity simultaneously with a high degree of competency
- Coordination of new pricing requests for our products and solutions
- Manage all incoming program application from a risk and AML perspective through the existing Visa standard processes
- Manage all status and performance reports for upper management and other stakeholders concerning the products function and Visa Direct in LAC
Characteristics of Successful Candidates:
- Ability to create product strategies and go to market plans
- Self-starter with exemplary organization and resolution management skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility across the products function and key stakeholders across the region. A team player, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Experience in working with technical and business teams in the project delivery
- Demonstrable experience of initiating and implementing change within a global organization
- The successful candidate must have good understanding of the banking and payments landscape in the LAC region
- Close affinity with scheme-based payments
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
The incumbent may be required to travel 5% domestically and internationally.
• 10+ years of experience, including at least five years of experience in product strategy and execution within the financial technology services domain.
• Visa and financial/payment industry knowledge as well as Money Movement market experience will be considered a strong asset but is not essential.
• Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written and presentation necessary.
• Ability to work under pressure on tight deadlines and frequent changes
• Bachelor’s degree, Masters preferred
• Excellent Microsoft skills across Project, Excel and Powerpoint
Fluent in English and Spanish
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one