Staff Software Engineer - Test Engineering
Visa, Atlanta GA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Visa seeks a Senior Software Engineer to join the Treasury Test Engineering team, a part of the Network Processing team. The candidate for this position will be responsible for testing system infrastructure solutions for business critical high visibility projects. This position will be based in Atlanta, Georgia. This position is ideal for an experienced Software Engineer who is passionate about testing complex and challenging business problems and testing applications that provide an excellent user experience. Experience in automated testing, CI/CD, and full stack software design and development is a plus. The candidate will be extensively involved in hands-on activities including analyzing business requirements and design documents, development of Test Plans, Test Design and Test cases, design walk-throughs, testing, building and maintaining automated test solutions for multiple applications on a variety of technology stacks, and coordinating with other application teams for integration/interface testing.
- Passion for high quality software design and engineering
- Experience with one or more testing frameworks, including but not limited to TestNG, Cucumber, JUnit, or NUnit
- Strong Unix skills, proficient with at least one shell and one high-level scripting language (bash, Python, Ruby)
- Experience building and testing applications, RESTful services, or microservices on a modern technology stack
- 3+ years software development and test experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability
- Ability to work well within a globally distributed team, in a high performance organization
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 7-10 years of work experience and a Bachelor’s Degree or 6 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 years of experience with a PhD.D)
- Familiarity with relational database design and implementation
- Familiarity with Jenkins, git, or other source control and CI/CD technologies
- Familiarity with Selenium, Cucumber, Robot Framework, QuickTest Pro, and other automation tools is desired
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.