Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack - Data Platform
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
- s a Full Stack Engineer, provide Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) offerings, that are easy to consume, scalable, secure, and reliable using open source-based Cloud solutions for Big Data technologies
- Work at the intersection of infrastructure and software engineering by designing and deploying data and pipeline management frameworks built on top of open-source components, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, HBase, Kafka streaming and other Open Source Big Data technologies.
- Collaborate with various teams to build and maintain the most innovative, reliable, secure, and cost-effective distributed solutions.
- Facilitate knowledge transfer to the Engineering and Operations team during and after deployment.
- Work with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of agile-innovative data pipeline and workflow management solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization, and commoditization.
- Drive the adoption of open standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise.
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure solutions that are fit for purpose while keeping technology relevant.
6 years of work experience in architecture design and development of large-scale data management platforms and data application with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 3 years of work experience with a Masters in Computer Science or related field
Hands on coding and designing skills in:
- React/Angular for front-end
- MVC (model-view-controller) for end-to-end development
- SQL/NoSQL technology. Familiar with Databases like Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, etc.
- Web Services (REST/ SOAP/gRPC)
- Expertise in design and management of complex data structures and data processes
- Expertise in efficiently leveraging the power of distributed big data systems, including but not limited to Hadoop Hive, Spark, Kafka streaming, and etc.
- Hands on experience in cloud computing technologies.
- Technical background in data with deep understanding of issues in multiple areas such as data acquisition, ingestion and processing, data management, distributed processing, and high availability is required.
- Contributor/committer in one of the Bigdata technologies - Spark, Hive, Kafka, Kubernetes, Presto, Yarn, Hadoop/HDFS is a plus
- Experience with Apache Spark and Apache Hive for processing large data sets is a plus
- Ability to drive for results and be self-motivated, have a learning mindset, with good understanding of related advanced/new technology. Keep up with the technology development in the related areas in the industry, which could be leveraged to enhance current architectures and build durable new ones.
- Payment industry experience is a plus.
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.