Senior Manager - Offline Development
Visa, Highlands Ranch CO, US
Everywhere you want to be
- Build and maintain a high performing team; hire and retain the right talent in the right role
- Demonstrate Visa’s core values and maintain a positive and open demeanor
- Foster a culture of teamwork, collaboration and mentoring
- Develop and empower direct reports to make appropriate technical decisions
- Actively manage resources in alignment with forecast models to maximize productivity and optimize cost
- Work closely with cross-functional management team to plan project-based work
- Build, analyze and report on broad project metrics, identify trends and possible improvements
- Partner with Product resources to identify clear business requirements
- Manage development resources by setting clear business and technical expectations
- Take complete responsibility of the full life cycle of projects assigned to the team.
- Set resource goals and delegate project work that drive consistency in team’s delivery of artifacts and deliverables
- Identify process improvements and/or ineffective use of project hours and resources
- Generate innovative ideas, solutions, and opportunities to contribute to the Visa enterprise, DPS service’s and project’s success
- Lead internal resource meetings
- Oversee software release implementations and ensure resource availability to support deployment activities in various environments
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 5 or more years of experience with an Advanced Degree
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Technical field
- Minimum 9 years of experience managing a team of software developers
- Experience with z/OS MVS is preferred
- Previous experience managing resources across multiple geographical locations is preferred
- Experience using various software development methodologies, including Agile
- Strong people skills who enjoys teaching and mentoring
- Proven leader with strong critical thinking skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Confident leader who can deliver tough messages to all levels of the organization, when necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with clear understanding of customer relations
- Attention to detail with strong organizational capabilities
- Ability to prioritize with superior time management skills
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Tech Jobs For You
Machine Learning Scientist (All levels)
Deep Genomics, Toronto/Boston/San Francisco Bay Area/Remote North Americ...