Senior Data Engineer, Stream Processing - Data Platform
Visa, Palo Alto CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
The Data division is part of the Visa's technology organization. The division is responsible for maintaining Visa's data assets and provides value added products and services to drive innovation for our partners and clients, within Visa and globally. The Data Platform is dedicated to provide systems and services to make data secure, high quality, rich, fast, and easy to use, therefore enabling Visa with the ability to leverage its data asset in an effective and timely manner to maximize technology/business development and differentiate Visa from others in the payment industry.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help design, enhance and build solution dealing with batch and real-time data in a fast-paced environment. You will work with colleagues, who will support and challenge you daily. We believe in self managing Agile teams who build products end to end focusing on unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration for excellent code quality.
A successful candidate is who thrives in a fast-paced environment, has customer obsession, thinks big, and knows to simplify. The candidate will leverage sound architectural principles to implement effective and efficient solutions for our users.
The ideal candidate has strong technical background and have a good written and verbal communication skills. The ideal candidate has production experience building and pushing code into production, is passionate about performance, testability, and maintainability, cares about quality of code, and loves to learn new technologies.
- Define and deliver high quality code for features and bug fixes with minimal assistance
- Enhance and support production systems
- Follows established software development guidelines and Visa security standards
- Build and maintain relationships with the agile team, the user community, architects, and support teams to understand requirements and implement effective solutions
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit.
2 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
• 3 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or 0 years with a Masters in Computer Science or related field
• Familiarity with Big Data technologies such as Hive, YARN and Spark
• Excellent Java and Python programming skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
3 or more years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
• Excellent troubleshooting skills
• Experience working in an Agile environment with good software development practices such as CI/CD, code reviews and test automation
• Experience with Big Data technologies such as Hive, YARN, Presto and Spark
• Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DB2, Redis and Cassandra
• Familiarity with real-time streaming systems
• Strong attitude towards getting things done while maintaining regard for code quality
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.