Senior User Experience (UX) Designer - Agency Design
Visa, San Francisco CA, US
Everywhere you want to be
Agency Design, a part of Visa’s Global Product Design organization, is looking for a client-facing Senior Designer to join our team. In this role, you will focus on strategic design for products and services to create high-impact deliverables and lead engagements that help our clients drive their businesses forward. The Senior Designer is an experienced individual contributor responsible for developing well-researched understandings of emerging digital payment trends and leveraging that knowledge to help our clients understand Visa’s unique position within the fast-moving global commerce landscape.
The Senior Designer will conceptualize, co-create, design and present engaging experiences, effectively collaborating with multi-disciplinary teams—Product, Business Development & Strategy, Data & Analytics—to deliver value for our clients. A passion for using design to solve problems and seasoned presentation skills are a must. The candidate should have consultative design strategy experience and the ability to speak with fluency to product management, consulting, marketing and analytics partners alike.
Role responsibilities include:
- Support the SF Design Lead in creating and scaling experiences and engagements with a primary focus on the development of products and services for Visa’s clients
- Develop a deep understanding of the payments ecosystem, commerce trends, Visa’s Agency/Innovation practice and Visa capabilities in order to effectively communicate to clients and partners
- Research emerging areas of opportunity (using quantitative and qualitative techniques) and transform insights into compelling storytelling, experience design and presentations for client engagements (including videos, physical installations, etc.)
- Lead Client Discovery Sessions in collaboration with Business and Product peers as assigned, including facilitating client ideation and alignment to drive actionable outcomes
- Collaborate with peers at Visa’s other Global Innovation Centers to standardize engagement models, share our practice’s approach and train others on the how and why behind our work
- Establish design sprint and collaboration frameworks, co-creation tools and asset libraries, as well as incorporating design systems, that will ultimately power the work of our practice
- Participate in the development of new business initiatives and offerings for the Agency/Innovation group in North America
- Mentor and provide guidance to junior staff
- Support the Innovation & Design business as required, including but not limited to RFPs, supplier relationships, design briefs, Global Design initiatives, etc.
• Minimum of 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree)
• Minimum of 3+ years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree, at least 2 years of work experience with a Masters Degree (or other advanced degree) or 2 years of experience with a PhD
• Bachelor's Degree in Human Factors, Design, Psychology, Sociology or related field
• Relevant experience in UX, design strategy, marketing activation design, interaction design or visual and content design
• Proficiency designing and developing prototypes using Balsamiq, Invision or other industry tools
• Proficiency designing high-fidelity mockups using Figma, Sketch or other industry tools
• Subject Matter Expertise in interaction design
• Experience conducting usability tests (including with users with disabilities) a plus
• Experience working with SCRUM in an Agile environment a plus
• Subject Matter Expertise in Accessibility (508/WCAG) a plus
• Group facilitation and teaching (design thinking) skills a plus
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, including thorough and methodical attention to detail
• Fully fluent in English and able to understand and be easily understood in English
• Ability to communicate concepts and recommendations confidently to a variety of audiences
• Ability to self-manage time and work independently or as part of a team
• An online portfolio that demonstrates outstanding product and ecosystem thinking
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
Visa Inc. (NYSE: V) is the world’s leader in digital payments. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s relentless focus on innovation is a catalyst for the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and a driving force behind the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
Want to learn more about Visa? Visit Visa's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.